1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars Empire at War

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by cremos, Feb 18, 2006.

1. cremos

cremos Member

Hey i have EAW and could somebody pls tell me how to get past securom 7 protection pls. I have tried curerom, sr7.stop and anti-blaxx but it just aint working. any help? thx in advance

2. nemezis

nemezis Member

I am having the same problem. Since this game is so new. It might be a while before a crack or guide on how to get around the protection is posted or programmed.

Have to be patient I guess. But I am still looking.

3. nemezis

nemezis Member

OK,
    I got my copy to work for me so try this and I hope it works for you.

Use Blindwrite 4.5.7 to burn CD1. Uncheck autoplay under configurations, Burn at 4x speed, Burn using DAO Pw option. You will get prompt to click YES or NO for something (I forget exactly) but just click yes. You can burn CD2 as per normal with any burning software because it does not have anything to bypass (protection wise). Then just install & play. You must have a pretty good video card for it to work otherwise it won't. I found that out installing it on a couple of different computers.

Later.

4. nemezis

nemezis Member

By the way if you haven't already figured it out. You first creat a Blindwrite image of CD1. Then basically burn the image onto a disc with the setting I explained in my last thread.

Hope this helps.

5. cremos

cremos Member

tried that but it says cannot authenticate disk in time limit try again any other suggestions

6. distar

distar Guest

I cannot get my backup to work. I have tried numerous ways to backup including the one supplied above. I get a message that states, "Original disc not found or could not be authenticated." I tried daemon tools and no go. It's funny, pc game companies can encrypt games very well but the movie and console industry still struggle with this.

7. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 Regular member

lolz... as I understand it, these are the options:

*If you have the original disc, try create your own no-cd patch with gamejackal.

*If you dont have the original disc, you need to mount the image(.iso) in a virtual drive - usually through alcohol or daemon tools(4)
    >>you then use cureROM, specifying where your image is and where it is installed.

PLEASE DONT TRY RUN THE GAME BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY INSTALL IT !!!!

therefore - to install.
    try unzipping the .iso(eg. with winrar), or burn it onto a disc using proggies such as alcohol or clonecd and install off there(nb. serial required)

OR

You can wait a ?week or so til Gimps or CORE mash it up and put out a fix for the current 1.2 patch :)

-astro

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  8. raidennrl

raidennrl Member

Alright I got the files to work.
    1'st Download curerom and the newest version of alcohol 120%
    2'nd start up curerom and click Options>Curerom settings click third party virtual cd drive. Click alcohol 120% and make sure "Do not display Alcohol 120% in my virtual cd/dvd rom list" is not checked. Click apply and close.
    3'rd Create a CureRom profile for the application find sweaw.exe
    Click Next.
    Select Alcohol 120% as the image mounting software, find your disk 1 cd image for "Backup image", leave everything default and click next.
    Select your name for the shortcut and your done, now click on the shortcut to launch the game.
    Worked for me hope it helps.

9. nemezis

nemezis Member

If you first installed the game with the original copies then tried to use the backip copies to run it. I think it might not work. First follow all the steps to backup the game. Then use the backup copies to install & play the game. If your graphic card or chip does not support T&L(transfomation & Lighting calculations), then I think you will get the message about "insert authentic disc". Not 100% sure if that is the cause, but had that problem on one computer then tried it on a different computer that had ATI card and worked just fine. So who knows. Just a thought.

Hope this helps.

10. raidennrl

raidennrl Member

I got that error message when I burnt the image to a dvd.

11. mr_tingle

mr_tingle Member

I followed raidennrl methods and it worked perfectly for me. Man is a serious pimp if you ask me.

12. ghettokkk

ghettokkk Member

hey nemezis, i just downloaded blindwrite it was version 5.2.21.155, i was wondering how do you set those settings such as disable autoplay? there doesnt seem to be these options.

13. han1801

han1801 Member

I got eaw to work by mounting the dvd version on daemon tools and using curerom with the antiblacklisting and using dsemon tools as the backup image. my problem is i can't get curerom to load eaw in safemode can somone help there it is most likely simple but i just haven't been able to get it done thanks

14. zenzotron

zenzotron Member

After attempting raidennrl's method the first time I was met with failure for some reason. Not being dissuaded from my path, and the faith that mr_tingle had in his skills, I gave it another go, exactly the same was as before; LO and BEHOLD! the method was successful on the second attempt.

The point of me posting this message is that:
    'If you're first attempt fails, give it another try...and make sure your have new versions of Alcohol 120% and curerom'

That is all, time for me to go forth and spread of the good word...

15. scorpionh

scorpionh Member

Ok sorry for the newbie question but why when i go to apply the curerom setting for third-party why does it not keep the setting. I set the setting for third party Alcohol 120% then click apply. Then i click next to go to the thirdparty page where i select alcohol all it has is I don't want to use a third party vitural drive (or somethin like that) and i can't choose the image location. im using v1.3.1 and v 1.3.0b Any ideas?

16. raidennrl

raidennrl Member

Make sure in settings when you click "Third-Party Virtual CD-Dvd Rom" That when you choose Alcohol 120% in your configure menu that "Do NOT display "Alcohol 120%" in my virtual CD-Dvd Rom list is not check marked. Then click apply, now alcohol 120% will show up in your "Image Mounting software" list.

17. dreter

dreter Member

Hello,
    Well i have like this complicated problem with the game,
    I installed the game butt i like broke my cd :s don't know how it happend, so i went back with it to the store and there gonna send it to lucas art butt now i have to wait till they send it back
    SO my question is that maybe someone can post a link where i can download the .mds file so that i can continu playing the game , cuse it could take along time untill i get my cd back.

THANKS

18. pity99

pity99 Member

go to iso-hunt or some other torrent site and search for Empire at War. You should have DSL or you might as well just wait for your disk to come back. You'll need bittorrent or some other torrent client to download it. Like I said, you'll prolly need DSL, good luck.

19. pity99

pity99 Member

Ive tried raidennrl's method over a hundred differnet times in every different ways. No matter what I try I either get the Emulator detected or the Cannot find security messege. Plese help, I really want to play this game.

20. jstinnell

jstinnell Member

Hey...can someone splease help me.
    I had a previous Alcohol 120 installed and when I tried to
    install the new one it gives me a internal error.When I want
    to install the one I had on it gives me a error...

"Error 25002. Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file or service in system.Please choose other driver names or make sure you have rebooted after removal of software using same names."

Please help