1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars Empire at War

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by cremos, Feb 18, 2006.

1. cremos

cremos Member

wrong thread

2. zenzotron

zenzotron Member

pitty99 I have encountered a similar problem; when I complete the process exactly as raidennrl describes I end up with a shortcut that works...someof the time. My short answer to you would be to do EXACTLY as he says, but don't be dissuaded if you encounterer an error with the shortcut that is produced; the method works, it's just the shortcut that occasionally fails.

I hope this is atleast a semi-answer to your question. His method really does work, most of the time.

Cheers,

- Zen

3. Red_Vinni

Red_Vinni Member

I was desparate about making work EAW so i asked a bit of help from a friend of mine and followed the rules below:
    -first install D-tool 4
    -then install curerom last version
    -then go find Pr0t St0p Hiding tool
    -then mount your EAW image then the DVD auto-lunch will start to ask you if you wanna to install the game and BEFORE lunching the EAW install program(because you must re-install it if you did already) , click on Pr0t-St0p to hide your D-tool Emulator for which you click all the Emulation options (dont ask why, i did it that way)
    -After installing EAW, open CureRom to do the crp shortcut and start the game with it, and I swear it works !

4. papirus

papirus Member

to Red_Vinni.
    hi. followed whay you said but when using Pr0t-St0p no diver appears.
    how do you make the driver appear in the list as ive tried everything i know.
    i keep getting this message that there a conflict in registry
    *scsi and *Mounteddivices

thanks in advance

5. jstinnell

jstinnell Member

same here...help

6. Red_Vinni

Red_Vinni Member

I did not modify any key of my registry. Thats prolly why you get those messages. Try remove them. My friend told me that CureRom is doing the same actions that the modification of your registry so there is no need for that.

7. Red_Vinni

Red_Vinni Member

I found another way of making it work. Go get the torrent called: Star Wars empire at war nocd patch works great.rar. It gives you the patch 1.2 and a mini-image that you mount on your D-tool plus a crp curerom file. Start the patch then copy the crp file on your win desk and finally mount the mini-image which is about 100 mo. After plenty of clicks on the crp short cut it worked too.

8. coollamon

coollamon Member

After attempting raidennrl's method the first time I was met with failure for some reason.But After I tried it on the fourth time no changes to alcohol or curerom it worked tried 4 or five more times its like a pot luck thing for me it works 4 out of 12 times.

The point of me posting this message is that:
    'If you're first attempt fails, give it another try...and make sure your have new versions of Alcohol 120% and curerom'

9. Knightfal

Knightfal Member

I have tried everything suggested here. I mean... EVERYTHING. Every time, it says "Original Disc cannot be found or authenticated."

I am DYING to play this game, and for the past 3 hours I have been working on trying EVERYTHING from this page and nothing is working. Will someone PLEASE help me.

My AIM is "PRLVATE Rhymin"

PLEASE someone message me and explain to me what the hell I am doing wrong.

10. kaika87

kaika87 Member

Hey, sorry if this is a noob question, but where can I download curerom?

11. raidennrl

raidennrl Member

gamecopyworld.com

12. papirus

papirus Member

hi all i tried the file. Star Wars empire at war nocd patch works great.rar
    its has a trojen hidden in it... reeeeealy bad one

thought i might let you know.

also anyone know if theres a nocd crack yet for eaw or atleast a fullproof way to open the game. if yes please post

thanks in advance

13. distar

distar Guest

The answer to everybodies request is gamejackal. I tried the free 30 day trial and I was able to get SWEAW to work with no problems. The great thing is if you decide to buy the software you only pay $9.95.

14. rahavin

rahavin Member

Ok.... I've jacked with this thing for hours.... There is only one method on this page that worked for me.

Find that version of blindwrite via torrents or another means. Follow those instruction I don't not think it matters what discs you install from as long as you use the FIRST disc you've created with Blindwrite (and the instructions above) to play it. Also you do not have to burn it a 4x you can do max but make sure the Autoplay is unchecked and you use DAO Pw. The last alert that he speaks of there but can't remember is " Do you want to physically include BWA informations? etc. etc." To this answer yes. Run the game with the newly created disc in the drive, that's it. Forget all the mounting images and extra steps involved with the other methods this is the easiest. If this does not work then you MUST install the game with the 1st disc you've created with this Blindwrite. It will be a PITA as when you are asked to put the 1st disc in when the install completes the autoplay that was disabled will not allow the drive to pick up the disc. You will have to jack with it for a while. Having two rom drives is almost a must. If your still having problems then try going back unistalling and reinstalling with a new first disc burned at 4x then playing with the disc burnt a MAX. I think one burned at MAX will work but I did not do it in that orded, I first tried it at 4x then figured I'd go back and re burn one a MAX and see if it would play and it did. I'm very pleased this worked as I NEVER use my originals to play especially with the kids around. I like to keep my $50 donations to the gaming industry on the shelf and let the copies get anihalated.

Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  15. papirus

papirus Member

to "distar"...

let me guess, you work for "GJ"
    if you have a solution put an anser not advertisment.

16. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

Since I dont know and it gives the chance to cover all grounds, how do you create and image for cd 1 for blindwrite? the question of how do u set the settings of disable auto play was never mentioned again either and the feature on blindwrite is either hidden or not there. Please help I've been looking at the same pages for hours and have dl every program that promises to work.

17. papirus

papirus Member

can anyone tellus what is the size of battlefront 2 (data iso) pc

18. kaika87

kaika87 Member

raidennrl, I've been trying to use your method, but every time I click on my curerom shortcut, it gives me the error message "Emulator detected"

19. whomafia

whomafia Member

Ok I had every problem listed above....but I finally found a solution

you will need Daemon tools 4, securom, and Pr0t St0p!!!!!

1. Install DT4

2. Find and install Pr0t St0p

3. run prot stop THEN install the game files (I'm using the PCDVD torrent 2065mb)

4. restore prot stop

5. make sure the image you used to install the game is still mounted in DT

6. run securom, find the program files/lucasarts/sweaw/gamedata/sweaw.exe, run and enjoy!!!!!!!!

Curerom sux I installed it and my desktop kept crashing, then when it came bak I couldnt single select my icons!!!! Garbage

20. distar

distar Guest

No I don't work for them I tried the software out and it works. Damn you try and help somebody and they turn around and bite your head off. I have tried all of the above methods and none have worked for me except Game Jackal.