1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars Episode 3 - what did you think of it ?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by BigPantz, May 19, 2005.

1. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Not really, episodes I-III are from one generation and IV-VI are from the next. so they can be compared. Anyways, Lord of the Rings is really one big book/movie too, but I can say one is better than the other. Yes, the overall story is linked and most of the characters are the same, but you can say one is better than the other.

Not to mention, coming from your logic, any television show is just a continuation of the last episode too, but you can say one is better than the other.

2. ram-o!

ram-o! Member

Like Star Wars, i also see Lord of the Rings as one big movie. And even the Matrix trilogy.

Look at it this way. Each Star wars has something to bring to the table.
    A New Hope establishes the universe and key characters.

Empire Strikes Back shows Luke becoming stronger and reveals new characters and reveals Darth Vaders identity

REturn of the Jedi concludes the series

Phantom Menace introduced the origins of Vader and some backstory of Obi-Wan.

Attack of the CLones shows anakin slowly going towards the dark side and falling in love with Padme.

Revenge of the Sith shows what pushes anakin over the edge and how he becomes Vader.

Now do you get it? All of them are completely different. The only thing that can determine whether you like it or not is action. But even then, action isn't always relevant to the story.

And the thing about tv shows. You can compare an episode to another episode. They aren't the same story. If there are two episodes, and the first one ends with "to be continued", it means that the next episode is following the same story line. How can you compare the story lines if they're following the same story?

Same thing with Star Wars. Its one huge story.

Now of they made a Knights of the Old Republic movie, then you can compare them becasue the two are totally different.

I'm done with my rant.haha

3. mikey_ray

mikey_ray Guest

there is a story that says george lucas is a creature in the revenge movie

did any one spot the charector or alien he portrays i know his son
    is in episode 2 as one of the young jedis in the jedi building and in episode 3 he is the last young jedi who batlles as balla organa is realizing the jedi's have been turned on--when he is leaving the building--the one jedi that fights the guards

but where was lucas

4. ram-o!

ram-o! Member

George lucas is playing Baron Papanoida. All i have is the name.
    His daughter is in it too, Amanda Lucas.

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

6. john179

john179 Active member

Good film love me starwars

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

just booked tickets for this evening. woohoo, i'm sure it will be excellent.!

edit- Just got back from watching Revenge of the Sith. Finally after 25+odd years i now know how Darth Vader came to be. Absolutely fantastic film.

Last edited: May 21, 2005
  8. B2D327

B2D327 Regular member

@wolfniggr:

to answer your question, both. Saw the workprint first and went to the theater to see it today and no, the timers didn't take much away from it and I find the quality to be pretty good (8.5 out of 10). Too bad it's full screen instead of widescreen.

George Lucas should have had an older guy play Anakin/Vader for this movie. Cristensen doesn't really fit the part of an ominous, powerful character and his transformation at the end is kind of corny. The way he comes off the stretcher like Frankenstein's monster with that wimpy groan when he learns of Padme's untimely *****.

9. creaky

naw, i thoroughly enjoyed it, which was tricky as i was in the front row so couldn't see too well plus cinema was packed with irritating eating noises, rustling and had loada annoying fidgety kids next to me. In the end i used the force to concentrate (plus it was calming to know i was around when the episode 4 first came out, unlike these kids, i dunno - kids today lol!) & i was impressed with the film. The only slightly negative thing i would say about (any of) the films is that there are times when the Jedi could use their skills but don't, & either get killed too easily, or just don't avoid harm when they blatantly should. But i guess that would be no fun if they could never be hurt

Last edited: May 22, 2005
  10. ram-o!

ram-o! Member

out of the whole movie, the only thing i think they could of approved on was the grievous vs. obi-wan fight. He lost his sabers to quickly. And he could of done some more spectacular manuevers. Sort of like the clone wars cartoon. he did some pretty cool moves in there.

But the fight was still pretty sweet.

11. Stitch221

Stitch221 Regular member

What is the first movie called? Not 4,5,6!

12. philipman

philipman Regular member

I just saw it and it was one of the best movies that I have seen this year. Way better than the last one.

13. creaky

@Stitch221 (use the force - i replied to you on the previous page) -
    Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    Episode II - Attack of the Clones

:)

14. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

The bit that made me laugh the most was General Grievous with a cough.
    He's a bloody robot for crying out loud, how would he get a cough?

My electric toaster has never developed 'flu-like' symptoms, nor has my microwave ever suffered from a severe bout of hayfever.

Having said that my vacuum cleaner does sound like it has a chest infection. Where should I take it. Doctors? Electrical repair shop? Scrapyard? Mortuary?

15. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

[bold]DARKSIDE[/bold]

16. Stitch221

Stitch221 Regular member

how do you get those pictures in each posts?

17. creaky

i use photobucket.com which someone recommended to me recently, it's great, does just what it says on the tin (and it's free)

18. syntheti

syntheti Member

General Grievous was supposed to be part alien part machine.
    He was a bit of insight into what anakin would become.

19. syntheti

syntheti Member

who saw the millenium falcon

20. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

B2D327, the workprint that you saw was pirated(stolen from lacasfilmLTD). And the person who set it up to distribute didn't bother to letterbox it and instead of cropping it to 4:3 he sqeezed the entire thing to 4:3 which made it look even more like shit. That and the fact that the timer was at the top of the film the entire time make this unwatchable.