1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars: KOTOR problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by sswats, Oct 5, 2003.

1. sswats

sswats Member

I'v backed up KOTOR, and everything loads and plays fine.

But during the cut scenes theres no voices and so it just fast forwards through them so i can't even read them (unless i go to the journal, but thats hassle doing it every time).

Anyone have any idea what i did wrong?

If its any help I use X-ecuter 2.2 4977

Last edited: Oct 5, 2003
  2. skins38

skins38 Member

Ya i had the same problem, was never able to solve it.

anyone?

3. sswats

sswats Member

Did you try running it off the hard disk?

Does it work on that normally or not?

4. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

I have it backed up to HD and DVD-R wit hno probs at all. Try it again.

5. cgrabe

cgrabe Member

I haven't been able to back up KOTOR at all. I've ruled out media problems. I've successfully burned other games on DVD+Rs from the same spindle and have also tried a DVD+RW that works for other games. I FTPed the files off twice and created two seperate images that ended up with the same file size, so it wouldn't seem to be a bad copy. I'm having the same trouble with NBA Jam. Are they doing something different with new releases?

I burned using a Sony DRU500A. The XBOX is a refurb (not sure which version) with a new Chameleon and the latest evox BIOS.

6. skins38

skins38 Member

Ya I backed up mine using the latest version of HD Loader, my xbox is running a soft mod using the complete_signed pheonix loader package.

basically the game works fine, but when aliens talk it usually skips all text very quickly so you can't read or hear any dialogue.

7. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

Ok, ok, I'll be honest now.LOL. I too have problems with KOTOR. My prob is ..I can backup from original disc, pefectly to DVD-R or HD. But when I try to backup my backup,the only way I can get it to work is FTP from disc drive in XBOX to PC then to XBOX HD and it takes 2 hours. Dont know why. I have used PXHDD newest version, X-Commander newest version, boXplorer newest vesion, and DVD2XBOX newest version. All with same results on the Backup copy only. I have examined the default.xbe with a hex editor and it is the same as all thew others. No new strings or anything. So I dont know. But I got it backed up and it does work perfectly. So Im happy.

8. sswats

sswats Member

I just transferred it to Hard disk and it works perfectly.

Another forum suggested that it was a common prooblem with some types of media, so I have to try the others I guess.

9. cgrabe

cgrabe Member

Updating my BIOS to Xecuter2 4977 did the trick for me. I haven't played with KOTOR much but everything seems to be functioning properly now.

10. Alfie

Alfie Member

Just to add a little something! A friend of mine recently bought a brand new Xbox and an official copu of KOTOR, then spent 43hours completing the game only to find that the final movie sequence doesnt play, it just goes black although if you listen carefully and press the Joypad you can hear the character walking around! Bizarre!

Just wondered wether they are doing something to the new releases and thus walking the fine line of them playing error free on the Xbox.

I too decided to FTP the game over and it took 2hours!!! Way too long for my liking!

Just wondering if there is any way of watching the end movie sequence from the PC!

Any thoughts??

11. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

I backed up KOTOR with xbcopy and it seemed to work untill to tried to load a saved game and it froze. To slove this problem I used a patching program to patch the xbe. Just FTP the default.xbe over to your pc patch and FTP it back and it should reslove your issues.

12. Alfie

Alfie Member

So what was this patching program that you used???

13. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Well I finally got KOTOR and I wanted to make a backup, like I do for all my games so my nephew does not kill em heh! Every time I try to run the copy I get a blue text box saying the disk may be damaged. I have never had to patch a game before and I am running EvoX M7 on a matrix using xISO and nero and or record now DX. Anyone got any suggestions? I am trying to copy it to the HD now to see if that works.

14. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Heh, it works on the hard drive, had a save/load problem but patched it with Craxtion and it works fine, still get a load lock up once in a while, or perhaps I am just impatient. I still cannot get it to work on DVD+/-R/+RW. I am going to try another FTP x-fer and xISO again and see if it gets any better. Still getting blue box with bad disk warning when trying to load from DVD backup.