1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars Trilogy on DVD

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by JAG, Jul 18, 2002.

1. JAG

JAG Guest

Star Wars Special Edition Trilogy on DVD! Now enjoy these great movies on your DVD player, complete with chapters!
    visit *removed* or email *Removed*

also have many other titles sold as backups, only $8 each movie, comes with a nice DVD case with label and a full picture lable on the DVD iteself, all have chapters as well

check us out!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2002
  2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Violation of rules causes the account closure. You're the weakest link. Bye-bye.

3. DVD_MAN

DVD_MAN Member

First off, backup movies are not piracy. I think you need to look up the word (piracy) My website simply supplies people with backup movies of movies they claim to already own to preserve the original. That is not so called piracy. It is a service to help others.
    As for advertiseing, this is a forum to help other people, I am simply helping others get backup movies, this is a DVD related site, discussing how to backup DVDs last time I checked. And as many times as I have been on here, I have seen 100s of users posting emails and websites to places that sell VCD movies which are pirated because the movies are still in theaters. Why is it you must call me a so called pirate and take my website down, yet there have been others and they remained...

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

It depends on the country. Our site operates legally from Finland / European Union and our country has few legal cases taken to supreme court of Finland of people claiming to sell backups of movies/games to people who have the originals. Can't do.

Copyright law states something like this:

-You're allowed to make -- you are the only one who can make, can't use pros -- reasonable amount of backups of intellectual property you have purchased (movies, CDs, books, etc).
    -Once you sell the original copy, you must give up all the copies you've made
    -You _can_ hand out limited number of copies of your original purchase to your closest family members and friends. (friends has been clarified to include people that you have physical contact with and have maintained friendship for considerable amount of time, i.e. many, many years)
    -You can't sell or ask favours or ask even your costs covered for making the copy that you hand out to your friends and/or family members.

I simply don't care if it is legal in Russia, USA, China, Australia, whatever to sell backups. As long as it is illegal in Finland/EU, we don't tolerate it as we are ruled by EU laws and in recent legal action in France, operators of one discussion forum were held liable of stuff that their _USERS_ submitted to their forums.

So, simply -- you might cover your ass by stating it is legal in your country. Fair enough. But if we tolerate advertising something that is not legal in country where we operate, we can be held liable of copyright violation.

Understood?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2002
  5. S-i-r

S-i-r Member

The original star wars trilogy will come on dvd in 2007, with added scenes.

6. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

I personally don't think anyone should post any type of advertisement for personal gain on this forum.

That is not what this forum is about.

Let's try to keep it that way.