1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to get into the DS scene and i have ?'s

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by joshont, Feb 9, 2007.

1. joshont

joshont Regular member

im am wondering,what is the best device to use for nintendo ds backups and i also want to do gba backups as well (not really necessary since my psp does that)but wanted to see if it does it anyways, i read a lil on the r4, the m3 simply, DSxtreme, and the passme card, but i was wondering what do the pros recommend, i was going towards the m3 simply but if theres something better please tell me :)

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The M3 DS Simply is the best out of what you listed, this however can't do GBA games, and unless you want added expense and complexity I would just ignore GBA (as you said, your PSP is capable enough)

The M3 and R4 are identical, only difference is one is released by M3, the other (R4) is released by the factory that makes the M3, if you have a choice between them, get the M3 as they have a good reputation from previous devices whereas the R4 is the first device released by the R4 team.

Both the M3/R4 and the DS-X can do pretty much the same, however the DS-X has a few cons the M3/R4 lack:
    - DS-X is fixed at an expensive 512MB (you can get twice the memory for half the price with the M3/R4)
    - Some DS-X model had a bug, though it has now been patched it did put a dent in the DS-Xs reputation.
    - There is apparently more homebrew that works on the M3/R4 than the DS-X, though I havn't had this confirmed.

So yeah, my recommendation is the M3 DS Simply =)

3. joshont

joshont Regular member

ok i just purchased m3 simply, now where could i get homebrew and what homebrew is recommended (like your favorites)and am i able to put movies on my m3 simply?

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

First thing to do is read my M3 DS Simply guide =) (link in sig)
    Download the latest firmware (full package) from m3adapter.com (dualscene.net is out of date atm) *slow download warning*
    The firmware download will also contain Moonshell whioch will allow you to watch videos, and view pictures, play MP3s and read .txt documents

Recommended homebrew:
    DSorganise - PDA program
    DSweather - Weather forcasts downloded via Wifi
    Beup - MSN Messenger
    DSAIM - AOL Messenger
    MegaETK - Megaman game
    Zelda Demo - Zelda game
    DSDOOM - Doom

Thats all I can think of atm