1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting with eject causes error screen

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by chucklone, Mar 27, 2007.

1. chucklone

chucklone Member

I recently softmodded an old xbox system using ndure 3.0 (xboxhdm). Now when I hit the power button everything seems to work fine. But if I start the machine with the eject button (whether the disk tray is empty or not) the system boots to the "You need to fix your xbox" screen. I thought xboxhdm was only supposed to boot if the eject button was used to start. Any thoughts or am i way off base?

2. corn

corn Guest

There should be a number that you got for the error code, what is it?

3. steimy

steimy Active member

during the soft mod process you should have been given a choice of how you wanted it to boot (well at least with SID or AID you would)
    Like dual boot mode where power button will load the hacked dash, and eject would load the MS Dash.
    Which did you choose? And could it be that your MS Dash is messed up and you are getting an eroor 21 when you try to boot to that?
    If that is the case and you can play burned discs then just use AID 3.1 to reinstall the newest MS Dash.