1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarV channel edit question.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by skywatchr, Nov 6, 2007.

1. skywatchr

skywatchr Guest

Can someone explain what the TP option is on the channel edit please, after you click SORT it's the bottom option, (blue button)? Just for future reference. Thanks.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

TP stands for transponder, (frequencies), so it will sort your channels based on their frequency number. TP is an old sat term TS transport stream is more relevant to cable, buts thats just my little rant :)

3. skywatchr

skywatchr Guest

Thanks for that Sc0user. Our neighbour round the corner(who we bought a box for) was moving channels today and pressed one of the sort buttons and got them all mixed up. I was hoping the TP was a quick fix to put them all back in place.

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You could do a b0x to b0x transfer to put them back in order

5. skywatchr

skywatchr Guest

I suggested that to them on the phone but I think the guy was feeling guilty about the amount of times he gets me to fix his box he's done them himself, one by one. They're not exactly next door, they live a couple of streets away, and now they want me to buy a box for their pals too and I'll feel responsible for their one too.
    Now I know how you lot must feel. lol Still, all those probs to fix I'm becoming an expert myself.

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

See what you have got yourself in for :)

7. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Dont worry about it Sky , I know how you feel , I started off like that too and now Im addicted to AD :) lol

8. skywatchr

skywatchr Guest

Oh my god, I just realised I'm surrounded by celtic fans. Does anyone else think it's strange that I thought Ben Feeka was a celtic player. They're all laughing at me here..
    Sounds like a bloke though doesn't it?

9. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

ha ha ha , it sure does :)

10. skywatchr

skywatchr Guest

I've been hearing all week "hope Ben Feeka doesn't score" so I thought he was a player they didn't like.

11. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Well they were right "HE/they didnt score" lol