1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 1

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by njec, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

2. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

Can you smell the coffee yet????
    @ "crooks"?, you havent got a clue!!

3. malci

malci Guest

As you say vic, don't cross his palm, when there is one then we will get a safe one, and until then carry on regardless, so tell him to do one (some brother in law by the way, seems a nice dependable guy!!!!!).

4. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Brian posted the fix earlier, his post is linked in my earlier post. :)

5. malci

malci Guest

yep. thanks eva, all sorted now, posted elsewhere a reply to you, had to dash off. ;)

6. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

@malci, yeah, i saw that thanks, i knew you knew it was out, just in case anybody else that was posting in here didn't! ;)

7. icemen

icemen Regular member

hey guys

which file do I need to download? the December 08 UK fix clone & genuine dated 17/12/08 or the cryptstar -v1.4-core400bin dated 06/05/08. Mine is gen box

8. malci

malci Guest

This is what you want, there are two bin files, Core257.bin fro the clone and Core400.bin for the genuine box, also you will need the Loader GTRom 4.00.

http://www.4shared.com/file/76381726/e8ad316e/CryptStar-v15.html?dirPwdVerified=3bea6c84

9. DesB

DesB Regular member

you were saying somthing about smelling coffee LOL

Starview 1 Clone & Genuine Fixes Released

CryptStar-v1.5.zip

http://www.4shared.com/account/file/76381726/e8ad316e/CryptStar-v15.html/

Oh ye of little faith !!!

10. malci

malci Guest

And he wasn't on his own Des lol - there was a lot of impatient doom merchants chanting all at once, gone to ground now, but never mind. Good evening to you ;) Presume you did read starfix and his blustering banter of an offer, that's the guy that needs to know!!!!!!!.

11. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

Howya Des, A Non Believer lol

EDIT - howya malci ;)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  12. malci

malci Guest

Morning noely, just off for a little kip mate, hope you are alright, anyway I will say goodnight and speak soon, shattered. ;)

13. icemen

icemen Regular member

I need a lil bit of help with updating the firmware, my pc doesn't have a com port, so I got a usb adapter connected to the null cable. But when I plug it into the computer it asks for a driver which i don't have. I downloaded the driver for the all windows version from the help page but this didn't help. My pc has vista operating system is the correct driver? When i try to download the file it just says download failed, the percentage doesn't move. any help will be appreciated

14. malci

malci Guest

Have a little look at dooby's guide to assigning that damn Adaptor, and yes you should have been suplied with a disc, but look here and it may sort it for you, I know it is a Starview 2, but it is the same as you know, it's the Adaptor that is causing you the headache. >>>>

http://www.freewebs.com/starview-update/

You will get drivers there for the damn thing as well. good luck. ;)

15. icemen

icemen Regular member

I think the problem I have is the driver, everytime I connect the usb to the pc it asks for the driver to be installed. even after I downloaded the driver from that gilson.com which is the correct driver for the vista? there not one on there for the vista.

16. malci

malci Guest

That is definately your problem, them Adaptors can be a real pain. I there no chance of you getting to someone you know with a standalone PC with the 9 pin serial port on, it would be easier for you if that is possible, can't understand why it won't kick in with the correct divers at all mate.

17. icemen

icemen Regular member

can't understand it myself malci? I was thinking the same aswell but then i'll have to download GTrom on their pc & winrar before I can download, bit of a pain. thats why they say old is gold.

18. icemen

icemen Regular member

just took my box to my mates & downloaded the new v400 on it. When I checked the sytem info on it. it still has the same details as the old firmware, something like v400 e 7 jun 07, is this correct? k

19. malci

malci Guest

That is correct , simply becuase the firmware has been sixed to A/U, (modded), so that is not a problem okay. Done it easily at your mates I see - as said them bleeding Adaptors.

20. icemen

icemen Regular member

yea, there crap! i'm just glad I got the firmware on der now. So my old sw1 box is good for a while again.
    I new you guyz will come through with the firmware, thankz again. I seen Furgus post on her the other day, I thought he doesn't come on ere any more. He helped me when I first got my box agez ago