1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 2 New UK Fix 031208 BACK :)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Dec 3, 2008.

1. KMCL

KMCL Member

Do I really need to put 4.51e back on? I have 4.54e on mine. I downloaded the fix earlier but haven't tried to put it on yet and now I'm worried whether to try or not.

2. belfaston

belfaston Member

Hi KMCL, I tried the 4.54e and got the same, "ON".. So i had to relate back to 451... Freeview is better that nothing eh!?.. Lets hope its sorted soon... patience is a virtue!..lol
    Cheers

3. johnny17

johnny17 Member

any links for 4.51 plz ?

4. scandalou

scandalou Guest

the box firmware has no latest additions from the look of the menu...no 3.12.08 date???????

5. belfaston

belfaston Member

Hey Johnny, Try Eamos FTA library (LInk on the page, look for HAIL HAIL!) I believe its in there. Make sure you its for THE BOX before uploading!

6. belfaston

belfaston Member

You get yours working ok?? with the new version of firmare (Released today?)

7. johnny17

johnny17 Member

cheers belf, gettin the file but not 100% sure how to load it. then i click to open file theres nout in the main box, so how do i load it onto my box from pc! frustrating as hell here.

8. belfaston

belfaston Member

You get yours working ok?? with the new version of firmare (Released today?)

9. scandalou

scandalou Guest

people....beware,the new updated fix is faulty...doesnt work,but will fxxk up your computer and your box!!! best leave it till someone fixes it!!..

10. shardend

shardend Regular member

hi guys ive been trying for the past hour to get the starview 2 firmware ive been in that folder but carnt find it can we have a easyier link please

11. KMCL

KMCL Member

Hmm not sure what to do. It worked on some boxes and not on others, should I chance it. What I'm wondering is is it a logo file problem as I read on another thread. BTW I'm no good with technology and may sound that I don't have a scooby what I'm talking about which is about right so all these technical words (to me) are gobbledigook. It has worked on boxes with 4.45 but they have logo image file on but I don't know if mine has or not, any ideas how I can tell?

12. raartoot

raartoot Regular member

Mines well and truely stuck, cant even go nack to 451e!

13. belfaston

belfaston Member

Have you got a null modem cable?.. there is a few pointer in Eamos library also on how to do this, You will also need GTROM software(again in Eamos library). If you have the cable and the software & firmware its easy enough. Update me when you have these, i will try and help. Think these guys are busy enough trying to get the firmware sorted. Site is swamped also!..lol.. Good luck!

14. johnny17

johnny17 Member

im still stuck at the "on" stage. gonna put the sheets up soon lol.had to bring sv3 from downstairs so mrs johnny can watch people prancing about in the jungle fs. any advice ?

15. scandalou

scandalou Guest

its been removed.....it will reappear when its 100% working!patience....

16. belfaston

belfaston Member

Probs best finding out for sure if your box is a clone or not, if your a 100% sure then go for it.. Sc0user is probs the man to ask!.. or check on this site, you will find details on how to work out if you have a clone or not... I was able to jump between firmwares witout probs, i dont knw about clones tho!

17. sash1

sash1 Member

This might seem obvious but all you people stuck at the ON stage. I am assuming after flashing and and completing successfully you have all done a rescan. and then turned emu back on?

18. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

I wouldn't recommend you load this new Firmware until Sc0user puts it back in eamo's, as per his previous post he has pulled this so hold on until he comes back in says otherwise.

19. belfaston

belfaston Member

Dont get any menus mate, Just LCD says on TV is blank screen, Guess we gotta wait mate.

20. scandalou

scandalou Guest

well spoken hiteck!!! if only people will listen!...