1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 2 New UK Fix 031208 BACK :)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Dec 3, 2008.

1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

@ Des cheers and goodnight I have a pain in my **** :)

@ shard thats why I called it a pack :)

2. shardend

shardend Regular member

hi sc0user thanks for your hard work. have you got any idea when the starview 1 firmware will be out cheers

3. az_mufc

az_mufc Member

hey

what do you open the bin files with

4. Khan18

Khan18 Member

If you follow any on Scousers messages you will see at the bottom of his signature link Eamos, you can tut for there.

5. mkwabbey

mkwabbey Regular member

got it b4 it got pulled and installed it to a genuine box (7 rows) worked fine done it to another box with 8 rows witch i think is a clone and it got stuck at ON.

6. Khan18

Khan18 Member

Try placing the 4.51 back on as it worked for tmurrell (read further up forum)

7. malci

malci Guest

If you got it before approx 10pm then you need to download it again, and read the info:, scOuser has put it back up since to help out the pepes having problems okay.

8. fergusfog

fergusfog Member

Guys,
    Apologies if this question is daft - I did read all of this thread but am none the wiser.

Is this f/w also for the "ReadyTwin" version of "The Box"? I'm currently on 4.506 so the 4.51 mentioned here sounds like it might be right.

Please tell me if I'm on the right track, or I'll wait til a fix comes for mine. :)

thanks to all you guys working on this. Mucho kudos.

Ferg.

9. malci

malci Guest

It is only for the Starview 2 which say's The Box on front left top.

10. macmason

macmason Member

ok another stupid question to the GODS that fixed my box

i updated my box with the first fix from 4.51_e and got black screen and added the logo bin file someone said in another post and it worked ok and found the channels before the pack fix was out

now the new pack fix is out. now in my head its saying new pack = new update in case you added something diff.

but do i need to ? if i have my channels ?

told you its stupid question but if you answer me the rest can sleep tonight also lmao someone reading this is thinking if its working why chang eit but i don tknow if you did any security issues or anything ( ok am i over thinking things lol )

thanks for your time i am off to bed

11. malci

malci Guest

No you are fine, you have added the Logo File and that is exactly what people are omitting to do. good on you for helping yourself.

12. slitheen

slitheen Member

As a proud Manc and a Manchester United fan....I must say that 'Scouser' is the only scouser in the world I'd by a pint...or ten. :)

Thanks to all concerned in the SV2 and 3 fixes.....it's VERY much appreciated.

13. A05087

A05087 Member

after I used 'The Box' fix it factory reset my box, I've tried this on another 'TheBox' and did the same. The fix works, but it won't load my old channel files.

Are the channel files in a different format now?

Thanks for the fix guys!!

14. marcgti

marcgti Member

mine was stuck after this fix so this worked.......
    Connect the box to the pc with your cable but switch it off at the back. Load the correct
    firmware bin file into GTRom & set it to the correct com port, and select App file only then hit Download. Only then switch on at the back to power on the box. It may take a few sec. so wait at least 30 sec.
    (If it doesn't work 1st time try also waiting a couple of sec. to switch on after pressing download in the loader.) It may take more than 1 try to work, but eventually you'll see the loader kick in and the % bar increase. You won't see the % on the Starview though. Only green lines moving left to right. Towards the end of the flash you'll see a message in GTRom saying FLASH BURNING. Then it will reach 100% and wait for the download complete pop up box to appear & the box will reboot back to factory setup. You will have lost any channel data previously on the box & will need to rescan & switch on EMU and set the box up from scratch.

15. belfaston

belfaston Member

Yeah completed 100% and then i disconnected powered off and on, still nothing. I have tried this update on a few starview boxes but had to relate back. First time ive had this prob and have been doing these updates for a year or more. - Ill see how the next fw goes. Cheers

16. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

Sc0user...how do we find out if the box is cloned or not?

thanks.

17. apdubb

apdubb Member

I posted this on a new thread but haven't had any replies. I'm having very much the same problem My updates all worked 4.54, logo and 8.02 but the channel editor dump I did does nothing. Is there a something specific that needs to be done once I have downloaded the channel list to the box?

18. raartoot

raartoot Regular member

Ive heard that when you UPLOAD a channel dump, your box has to be in standby mode, then when applying it, its ok having it switched on.

I had same prob, saved my channel dump, tried to get it back on but it didnt work, kept factory resetting it so I gave up and sat in bed for an hour and done them again lastnight.

19. belfaston

belfaston Member

Thanks for the new FW Sc0user and everyone else!.. I will try the update when i get home from work.. All going well this should work.. Also, Suppose im getting ahead of myself, but I would like to try the channel dump, is there one for UK?.. Im guessing this has the channels arranged like the "THE BOX SUPER"????.. In Eamos libry there is only channel dumps for Dublin.. Im in Belfast, any ideas??.. Much appreciated!!! As always!

20. raartoot

raartoot Regular member

You are better off arranging the channels in your own order then Uploading the channel data of your box onto your Pc/Laptop via the same method of flashing.

Least then you have it in you own order and can (most of the time) revert back to it after a flash.

Its worked for some but not all and few of us are having the prob where we saved our channel order before flashing then tried to download it back onto the box but it dont work.