1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 2 (TheBox) - Help with flashing

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Eoin72, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Eoin72

Eoin72 Member

I've been looking through the other threads on this forum and they have been very clear and helpful. I've just set up my Starview 2 on an NTL connection (Dublin) and found 140 channels or so. The majority of these channels are coming up as bad/scrambled but some are working fine. I think it is likely that I need to input the new keys for NTL directly as per the "only receiving 8 channels" thread.

Unfortunately I am unable to access the secret menu using 1570. Based on another thread it looks like I should download the latest firmware which I was able to find on one of the links on a thread. I followed the instructions and located the GTROM program and the STARVIEW_H20070607_400eE_api bin. I have a RS232 female to female cable which I hooked up to my PC and the box. This is where my problems started (and finished). I'm unable to download the bin file.

Can anybody give me some tips on what to do to flash / download firmware to the box. My com1 port appears to be working okay, but I'm not sure what sequence to connect / switch on etc.

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

3. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

you are using the wrong file m8

you should be using - thebox_Ireland_h20070705_450ee_api.zip

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Just as well they cant download it then :)

5. Eoin72

Eoin72 Member

Thanks for that. I'll grab the correct file and try it, although I think my problem will continue to be the physical link / download.

6. Eoin72

Eoin72 Member

Thanks for that. I'll grab the correct file and try it, although I think my problem will continue to be the physical link / download.

Should the box be in standby or fully on when hooked up to the PC? Is there any way to detect that it is connected properly?

7. Eoin72

Eoin72 Member

Sorted

Got the correct cable (null modem), downloaded the correct firmware, 1570 worked grand, and 141 channels working perfectly.

Thanks Celtic71 & Tafsir for your help.