1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview 2 v box pvr

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by joemc61, Dec 12, 2007.

1. joemc61

joemc61 Member

thinking of buying a cable box but being new to this have a small problem of choosing best one.i have seen starview 2 on e bay for £99 and thought yes then i saw the new pvr box for £180 apparently its like skyplus(got 80gig hard drive and you can record on it while watching other channel.now which do i choose i quite fancy the pvr but dont really want to find myself with a box that doesnt do as it should if you know what i mean.thanks for any advice, joe

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi joe
    I can recommend TheBox PVR and I am very pleased with mine. You can buy them with or without H/D and will take up to 350gb. Fitting a drive is the same as into a PC and I have seen them on the popular auction site for around £159 w/o drive. Very good features, Twin Tuner = record 2 chans at same time and watch one, Timeshift, EPG Pre-record setting, Fully AutoUpdate, Software Updates. Plenty of remote control and Menu functions, PIP switching between tuners,HDD functions from remote control. Up to you in the end, I don't sell them but I'm glad I brought one.
    jbvid

3. joemc61

joemc61 Member

thanks for the speedy advice,think i,ll go for pvr box now one more question if its not too much trouble can i block/hide adult channels to stop my kids stumbling across them?thanks again

4. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Yes, there is a Parental contol password setup/required Menu.
    jbvid

5. joemc61

joemc61 Member

cheers for that jbvid it has put mine and the missus mind at rest.just about to go on ebay and order thanks again.will definately put up some comments when i,ve sorted one.

6. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Quite alright , give us a shout if you get stuck.
    jbvid

7. joemc61

joemc61 Member

thanks for info jb, box should be here tomorrow will let you know how i get on