1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 2 Wont go into standby.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by gevans82, May 16, 2008.

1. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

none of the starview are 100% not even the box super that is impossible they say you are supposed to get a 7 day epg do any of the box give you that the short answer is no they dont you are lucky to get a few hours if at all

2. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

well the epg on the super box is brilliant!no blanks at all and to cyborcop's point i always get the full day and some of the next day as well.

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

@Vic its to do with the EPG stream where you are located/provider.

@Cyber really Eurovox can get a full day in Ireland and more. Dreambox the same, Dbox2 the same, Itgate the same. 7 day isnt carried by CC try a subbed box glitched or not.

4. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

if the guy that provides the firmware for the starview team has some pride why did they not fix the problem for the starview 1 and the clone

instead of another firmware maker who has nothing to do with starview fix the problem that is my question

and you know as well as i do the epg problem will never be addressed in ireland as it is not as big as the uk sales

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Was there not a SV fix LOL :) BTW clones were just that and SunRise looks after all . Well you have forum knowledge guess it doesn't stretch to elsewhere where the info can be verified?

6. ken52

ken52 Member

looking for the codes for dublin anyone help

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

8. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

Was there not a SV fix LOL :) BTW clones were just that and SunRise looks after all . Well you have forum knowledge guess it doesn't stretch to elsewhere where the info can be verified?[/quote]

Yes there was a fix i have said it was not done by the starview team as wizzard did not want this fixed as he wanted to sell more boxes that was why the starview 3 came about so dont think for one min that the starview team where going to fix the starview 1 they would have preferred if that had died so sales would have increased

as well you know that sunrise is no longer part of that team so only for his generous knowledge people would be left with genuine and clone boxes which would not update and have to purchase other boxes from the suppliers but now that they have been fixed they have lost out on sales

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Arguement/nice debate has gone on long enough as its old hat and we have highjacked this thread long enough. BTW I have a funny feeling you are another poster, I preferred your other name.

10. karljd

karljd Regular member

as a well known member of this forum says go and buy an rte guide or a tv times if thats still about,once the box is working ok thats the main thing,if you want a decent epg go and buy a eurovox.

11. karljd

karljd Regular member

hmmmm think you may be on to something there sc0ucer,unmask yourself cybercop you fiend!

12. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

I have been know as other names on other forums all right but not on here sorry to say as all the other ones are now closed or there cable sections have gone this is about the only 1 or so that i could find that was still posting about cable which i am surprised here is still as well and you are quite correct we have got away from the points on this thread sorry about that debate / discussion closed from my point

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Still a few forums about.

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I have just been reading over some of these posts and have come to the conclusion does it really matter who does the fixes or not as long as we can get them the epg on the starview is crap as i have said before and people just keep going on and on about the bloody epg do you actually buy the boxes to watch the epg or the tv channels yes it is nice to know what is on correct if that is what you want get a sky package and you will have all that

These starview boxes are cheap inexpensive tv boxes which allow you to watch tv its not rocket science you could possible by a more expensive box that will give you a better epg like scouser has said maybe the itgate or another of the linux boxes but just remember they are much harded to set up the starview and the arnet and the euro are a doddle to set up compared to the other ones so i have said it before buy a weekly guide and you will have all the tv channels on it

And yes you are quite correct scouser there are still quite a few forums around you just have to know where to look and be invited to these as well you wil not get these by bully boy tactics either so cyber take heed if you want to get invited to these

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2008
  15. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

True. I don't care who makes the firmware to fix the auto reboot an SV3 once it works.

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Steo what firmware have you got on your box at the present time is it the V7.05

and if so do you have the box without the rf out let on the back reflash with the v6.01 and that should cure your rebooting problem

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2008
  17. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

I do but mine still rebooted with 6.01 but sc0user said there will be a fix it's being worked on.

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

which one do you have the one with the new rf out let on it if so put the V7.05 on it and see will that work

Are you using a proper scart lead one with full 20 pin and not the one that has some of them missing as this can also cause problems

19. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

I have full scarts and how can you tell which rf outlet you have. 6.00, 6.01 and 7.05 all rebooted at one stage on it.

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

if you look on the back of the box you will see a rf for connecting it to another tv

also did you change any of the settings in the set up like the pal settings or the rgb settings