1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW 257ee FIXED FILES

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by cableview, Jan 26, 2008.

1. cableview

cableview Guest

257ee FIXED FILES WILL WORK ON ANY STARVIEW BOX....ITS BEEN TESTED ON CLONE,ORIGINAL AND STARVIEW 2 "THE BOX".

2. cableview

cableview Guest

IF EVERONE USES THIS FILE WE WILL HAVE NO MORE "GOING DOWN" BOXES >>>>>>> OR KEY CHANGES....THANX.

3. cactikid

cactikid Active member

it will not work on the box wrong firmware! not starview 2
    and no caps no shouting allowed or u will be banned by mods

4. cableview

cableview Guest

it does work on the box

5. apd06

apd06 Regular member

And what are the benefits if it does work on the b*x ?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

exactly, why would you put a modded version of a firmware on a legit box which has legit auto-roll software available..... thats doesnt make sense what so ever.

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

The fixed file will only work on SV1s both clone and genuine it will notwork on "The Box" as it has a different eeprom. Please stick with facts.

8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

cableview, I would love to know where you are getting your facts from? As in the last while, you have being posting on subjects without backing them up with firm results and figures. You are telling people to load a firmware file onto a BOX which it wasnt intended for, loading wrong firmware on to a box will knock the box off and you will have to use the recover from a bad flash to fix it, so why you advising people to do this? Where is your facts and results that back up your post that the modded file works on THE BOX? When this virus muck was going on, you were posting again with authority that this was the case and what it was gonna do. Thats two occasions where you have come here to offer advise which on both occasions have been totally wrong, so whats your agenda? I would advise anyone here not to take any "advise" offered until he can back it up with some solid facts.

9. cableview

cableview Guest

i implore your detest at my actions but people are buying boxes from ebay and not knowing what firmware to load onto them i am guiding them to safe files until they get to know their box i have fully tested this file on the starview 1 and clone and the starview 2 "the box" and clone and have been running this file for 6 weeks now fully tested with all key changes.......sorry if it annoys you but this file is still the safest on all starview boxes....cableview.

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

We have been using 2.57eE fixed since last Summer so to say it has been tested is short of the point. 2.57eE fixed is only for an SV1 wheter it be a clone or genuine box.

The point been that the fixed file is only for the SV1 and not the SV2.

11. cableview

cableview Guest

the sv2 only has a better processor this info will save a lot of people needing their box jtagged..trust me it works to a t....cableview.

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

So will version 4.54 work on an SV1 then?

13. cableview

cableview Guest

agreed mate im just trying to help those people that dont know much....cheers scouser..../cableview.

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

So am I if you load incorrect firmware onto the wrong box all you will get is a bad flash at best or worse still a corrupt tsop and so a jtag would be required.

15. apd06

apd06 Regular member

Jebus you tell your Jackonorys all over the shop you from the cable forum:
    NO CHANCE

16. cableview

cableview Guest

scouser im not here to make enemies my mistake i didnt read your last post correct.....but you can load 257eefixed on any of the starview boxes without any fear of crashing...any further files have been made for the epg change...i would safely say the 257 can be put on any starview box without any trouble in the future....cableview.

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

People don't make enemies here they have a tendency to help people out with the correct information, 2.57eE fixed had three distinct changes made to it to allow it to AU on clone SV1s. The SV1 and 2 have distinctly different tsops, hence why only SV1 firmware can be used on an SV1 and SV2 firmware on "The Box".

Insinuating that incorrect firmware can be used on a different type of box will only lead to people with dead boxes.

18. cableview

cableview Guest

no offence mate....try it...hail hail.

19. cableview

cableview Guest

reply to the guy who disrepects me..wait till march and see this was his reply.....my brother works for a uk cable network and told me in confidence about the new plans for illegal cable boxes.....a new system which operates a pin only view will be put in place starting from march all subscribers will be sent new cards on feb. all paying channels will operate on demand with only the free to air left on. the new cards will require pin start up.this leaves all boxes like starview,eurovox,dreambox,etc useless unless someone can bypass the network pin and create on demand functions for all boxes.....NO CHANCE !

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No thanks as "The Box" AUs no matter what correct firmware version you have on it so no need to put incorrect firmware on it.