1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 5 Mk 2 USB

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Sep 22, 2009.

1. theway2go

theway2go Member

I know a signal booster would do good if my box was showing clear but i think it will just amplify the little squares and make it even more worse than it is. I notice that when i go to a channel with a higher signal strength say 58% the picture is absolutly terrible and you can see the faint squares much more. Im starting to think there is something with the box as even when i was in the main menu of installation there are still squares in the background and it is very fuzzy which leads me to believe the box is maybe faulty?

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

could be yer splitter if its a shite quality one, it will lower the signal, get yerself a proper splitter and also make sure your cables are in good order, if you split the cable yerself, it may not be done right and will result in a poor signal. So you may need to look at where you split it and the splitter.

3. 819beave

819beave Member

have you got a nintendo wii? i found that the sensor you put on top of the tv screwed my signal up

4. caz35

caz35 Member

got sv 5 usb have added 2.03 did scan no chanals found help please and thanks for the help .

5. theway2go

theway2go Member

Erm well the splitter i am using is this konig splitter with dc power pass bought from ebay. But it dont think it is original as the logo doesnt match the one on amazon and it also has no CE sign on it. Also i done the splitting by taking the main cable feed attaching it to the 2 way splitter then the cables i bought already has f types on them so i simply attached one cable to my modem and one to the box. All connections are tight and secure but still fuzzy picture its realy anoying!

6. theway2go

theway2go Member

Nope, no nintendo wii but i do have a playstation 3 but i doubt that is the cause. I do however have the logitec z5500 surround sound system and the subwoofer is on the back wall next to the tv and the cables run behinde the subwoofer could that possibly be the problem. I remember reading the user manual and it saying somewhere the subwoofer is magnitised or something and to keep it 1 meter from any electrical devices?

7. 819beave

819beave Member

i couldnt say if thats the problem coz im no expert but might be worth moveing the sub to see if it helps. i went down the route of getting a signal booster which made my picture worse and then it got better then worse until i realised the picture was getting better only when i moved the wii sensor. as for the signal booster i think it only cost me 6 quid off flea bay.

8. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Disconnect the feed to the box and check what it does on the main menu screen then. If you are still getting an iffy picture your box is the problem as the menu screen is generated by the box and has nothing to do with your signal. Also have you tried changing your av settings in the user setup. When a factory reset is carried out the user setup goes back to default and CVBS and 4:3 signal and ratio is outputted automatically. Try changing this to RGB and 16:9. Dont worry too much as they will probly be off in a few months anyhow

9. theway2go

theway2go Member

I have not yet tried taking the feed out then seeing the main menu but i will try as soon as i get back. I am at holiday now and will be back in 2 weeks. Yes someone on another forum mentioned the RGB and 16.9 output. I did both and it was still exactly the same. I will check what you said when i get back if the picture is still fuzzy with no feed then the box is truly faulty. Thank you for your post

10. theway2go

theway2go Member

Thanks for all the replys mate i realy think the box is at fault here i will try what another user said by plugging out the main feed then seeing the picture quality on the main menu, if it still has not changed i think the box is simply faulty. Thanks for all the replys guys

11. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

12. theway2go

theway2go Member

Yes i am using scart for the picture and sound i did not know there was any other output on the box? is there any other way i can connect the box to the tv. My scart is just a standard free one you get with dvd players etc nothing special. Maybe buying a new gold platted one would do the job but i have spoke to others which say upgrading the scart is just about worthless.

13. e45

e45 Regular member

maybe less padding of the posts would be better for people to read

Try just posting your message instead of quoting the other person as its very hard to work out what is what in the post

just click the reply button

14. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

You should have rca connections aka red/white/yellow red and white for sound yellow for video most tellys as an alternative to scart input also you mave have an svhs out from the box your telly may have this but you need to hook up seperate audio as this is a picture signal only. If the rca woks ok just use that instead of the scart

15. scunny

scunny Member

Hi e45. I've put the following message on a new thread but have had no replies. could you confirm one way or the other please?
    "Hi, can anyone tell me if the firmware link provided by e45 in early september is still the correct one to install on a new starview 5 ?
    I've spent ages reading through other threads and that link is all I can find."

16. lostjj

lostjj Guest

Hi Scunny. i installed the firmware late november and all was good then

17. e45

e45 Regular member

18. Alank123

Alank123 Regular member

guys, whats the story with the new sv5 do the work in dublin on ch*** and what channels do u get?

19. mark0288

mark0288 Regular member

no they dont in short stay away from them f@@k al on the boxes now

20. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

wasting yer time, nearly all chans now gone