1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 5 Mk 2 USB

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Alank123

Alank123 Regular member

tnks mate, paying the full wack with upc for all the channels, taught i could save a few bob...had my boxes for 4 years up till a few months ago, breaking my bleeding heart paying them f*ckers all that money...so theres still noting i can do pal?

2. mark0288

mark0288 Regular member

no pay them lol join the club

3. Alank123

Alank123 Regular member

ive no bleeding choise mark0288...tnks for ur help :)

4. flash1969

flash1969 Member

can anyone tell me how to put the firmware on the usb stick for starview 5 plz

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

read back all info there.

6. AJ_BOJACK

AJ_BOJACK Member

hello i just received my starview 5 today and cnt get the firmware running could sum1 please help me

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

read back, all the info is there

8. acemaroon

acemaroon Member

Has anyone else heard the rumour that virgin are going to send a signal so that it stops the starview box working? and if this is true, is there anyway to mod the box so that it stops the signal working?

9. e45

e45 Regular member

Nobody can do anything to your box except yourself so unless you reflash it then nothing is going to happen they can send all the signals they like and they wont do a thing to the dodgy boxes of course thats not to say they cant zap their own boxes which have been modded

You could be getting mixed up as well about the new encryption as well as that is on the way and when it does hit your area there is NO FIX for that im afraid so then your dodgy box will be dead only FTA left after that

10. amirsv5

amirsv5 Member

Hi E45 my starview 5 box slowly started to loose channels from about the 10th of feb 2010.

I have basic channels 1-5 and a few other channels e.g virgin one but i still have the ppv event channels showing.

Im based in hertfordshire - is there a fix for this? I have re scanned and also went back to factory setting and reload the firmware but no success.

Id appreiciate your help!
    thanks

11. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

12. amirsv5

amirsv5 Member

thanks for your response.

what do you mean by spliters>?

is there any use buying a new box or shall i just pay for virgin, sky etc...

cheers for the help

13. Ickey10

Ickey10 Member

Hi guys, I'm new on here and to my starview 5 box I bought today. I cannot access the manual key input menu using '1570'... nothing happens. I have managed get most of the channels up but a lot of them are locked so I reckon I've been sold a box without the latest software on it and maybe I need the latest keys. Would be grateful if anyone can help. Thanks

14. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

You'll find the latest firmware for your box on the link under Mickah's post. Once you have the latest firmware on you will no longer need keys. This is unless your area has gone N3. If it has, your box will be useless soon I'm sorry to say. Terrible time to purchase any box. Have a read through the N3 areas thread and see if you've been affected yet.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f...an_do_and_updated_with_n3_areas_in_uk-811964/

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  15. Ickey10

Ickey10 Member

Thanks Mooley, I may send it back for a refund as I can't get some of the freeview channels. Also sent them an email as the box has a 2 pin european plug on it so had to buy an adapter. I think I may of been well and truely shafted!

16. e45

e45 Regular member

Hope ya get one as they know all areas are going N3 so they wont be really willing to part with your money.

But keep us updated on the subject

17. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

I would definitely try and get my cash back but as e45 says they may be unwilling to do so. Best of luck mate, let us know how you get on.

18. Ickey10

Ickey10 Member

one saving grace is that I didn't buy it on ebay. This is a place called wizard in Leicester and it looks genuine on google street maps. I'll get onto them in the mornin.
    cheers mate.

19. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

They are legit alright but unfortunately they also knew when selling it to you what the situation is with the introduction of N3 to the UK so they weren't exactly selling it to you in good faith. Fingers crossed when you get on to them they'll be extremely good about it and refund you. Please do let us know the outcome mate as it may help others on here in future.

20. Ickey10

Ickey10 Member

dead right there mooley. it has a usb function for an external hard drive. It wont let me use my external hard drive and asks me if I want to format it meaning I will lose everything on it. It will let me use a flash drive and he didn't beleive me when I told him I could'nt use a hard drive. If I send it back it is a 10% charge and I have to cover delivery charges..wanker, exuse my french. Makes my blood boil. Theres a lesson learnt