1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 5 Mk 2 USB

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Sep 22, 2009.

1. e45

e45 Regular member

All harddrives for any boxes have to be formatted to the format that the box uses that is why it asks you do you want to format the drive there is actually nothing wrong with the box and when you send it back they will see that and prob return it back to you so not only are you going to be at the lost of the carriage you are also going to have to pay the carriage back again to you so be carfull what way you do it

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

yip, just remove what you have off the HD, format in the SV and then add your stuff back onto it

3. Janus23

Janus23 Member

Hi,

I bought a sv5 few months ago, had it working fine. Yesterday I moved the box from the living room into my bedroom, every channel said no signal, I tried to rescan but no channels were found. I restored factory default and started again from scratch but the scan still doesn't find any channels.

I've since moved the box back into the living room thinking it was the connection in my room, but still the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

have you plugged the coaxial into correct hole,cable input?

5. Janus23

Janus23 Member

LOL No I hadn't. Yes I'm an idiot my bad. Problem fixed

6. camie2go

camie2go Member

Thanks for all the advise above got my starview 5 up and running all works well, but was wondering will this also work with a sky satelite dish.

7. elmo2454

elmo2454 Member

have checked this firmware but seems not to work. Is there any other i can use. i am in dundee and have a starview 5 usb 2 thanks

8. e45

e45 Regular member

elmo have you received a new red card from your provider for your subbed box ??

looks like your area has been switched over sorry

Areas switched over to Nagra 3
    - Acton London
    - Ashford
    - Aylesbury
    - Barking
    - Batley
    - Bexleyheath
    - Bournemouth
    - Brighton
    - Chesham
    - Chiltern Hills
    - Chingford
    - Dagenham
    - Dartford
    - Derbyshire
    - Dewsbury
    - Dover
    - Dundee
    - East Ham London
    - East London
    - Edinburgh
    - Essex 1 (N*l/Excw parts only)
    - Fife
    - Folkestone
    - Harrogate
    - Huddersfield (N*l parts only)
    - Herdforshire
    - Ilford
    - Kirklees
    - Leeds
    - Mirfield
    - Poole
    - Rainham
    - Rickmansworth
    - Romford (Excw parts only)
    - Seven Kings
    - Shepherds Bush
    - Southampton (Excw parts only)
    - South Hertfordshire
    - Sunderland
    - St Albans (Excw parts only)
    - Swanley
    - Upton Park
    - Waltham Abbey
    - Walthamstow
    - Watford
    - Wessex
    - West Yorkshire (N*l parts only)
    - York

if so you have prob been changed over to N3 if so that box will no longer work all you can do is read the link i have put below lots of information on that page

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-59/evolution_iconnect-848567/

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  9. fabdeal

fabdeal Member

Hi I'm wondering if you can help me please. Firstly I'm in Ireland and the box is definitely working here. I just bought a starview 5 usb2. It is my first time to attempt to do anything with the box. I'm afraid I'm pretty useless. I found the firmware but don't know what application I'm supposed to open it with. I tried wordpad and notepad and both turned out totally illegible. Please can somebody help me to get the firmware onto the usb stick. I'm hoping that I'll be able to figure it out from there. Thanks very much

10. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

sorry mate yer out of luck, that box is gone, wont work in ireland, contact your supplier and ask to change it for a SV6, but bare in mind that these dont work in all areas either

11. fabdeal

fabdeal Member

Are you sure as I have the starview4 box and it's working perfectly. I bought it with the firmware already on it. So I decided to give it a go as my second box to buy a new one and put the firmware in myself. I didn't realise just how difficult it would be. I'd love step by step instructions as to what to do basically from scratch. I know if I could just get as far as having the firmware on the box then I'd give it a good try.

I asked for a starview 4 box when I was buying it but I guess that they didn't have it in stock. If the sv4 is working fine, are you sure that the sv5 won't?
    Thanks a million for your help

12. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

if you are in ireland, these boxs are gone, finito, so I would like to know how yer SV4 is working in this case? The SV4 and Sv5 worked on true cable areas only, such a the Ntl area and the Chorus area and on the MMDS Ntl area, which part of Ireland are u based in?

Secondly, if you are in the UK, they are also gone or nearly gone

And yes I am sure as if you look at the Nagra 3 thread you will see the areas dropping like stone flies

13. fabdeal

fabdeal Member

Right, well I'm in county offaly. I have an chorus ariel on my roof and am getting all movies and sports etc. Do you think the sv5 would work on my ariel seen as the sv4 one does. Or is there absolutely no point in trying. Thanks for help

14. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

so your on MMDS and its not 6875 which is corus, you must be getting a MMDS 6877 signal for that box to work, as if you were on the corus signal you would be using a different box, whats called a T Variant box, like the Digivox T or the Starview box T,

If they SV4 is working, the SV5 will work

EDIT here is the firmware for the SV5

http://www.4shared.com/file/135105665/c116903b/TheboxSuperUSB2_v20320090923.html

Quick guide to flashing

Download the file above - its a BIN file, drag onto on usb stick, connect usb to the box (make sure box is always off when inserting or removing the USB). Switch it on, chose english, then select usb. Select the firmware, wait for it to install, after 100% the box reboots (about a minute).

Scan for chans - Select you provider (nthell),Do channel search (automatic scan) when its found all the channels. go to menu, press 1570 on the remote. Turn code "on". exit all the way out to a TV chan and let it update.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  15. e45

e45 Regular member

if you are on mmds are you sure its a starview 4 you have and not the starview the box T

16. fabdeal

fabdeal Member

Great,

Thank you so much for your help. Do I need that gtrom thing? Also what do I open the binary file with? As you can see I haven't a clue about these binary files. If I get the right program to open the firmware, do i only have to drag it to my usb?
    Again, thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it ;-)

17. fabdeal

fabdeal Member

yes you're right. I do have starview the box t. I'm sorry. Does this change everything?

18. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

yes as I mentioned previously in my response to you, the T variant box works only on corus MMDS, as you said you had a SV4 I presumed it was ntl mmds, so it wont work, you need a T box

19. fabdeal

fabdeal Member

Ok. Thank you so much for all of your help. I'm sorry for the wild goose chase ;-)

20. e45

e45 Regular member

Just to let you know the Box T is no longer made so you will need to get a digivox T if you can find one ok or a eurovox ts but they no longer make them either not sure if you are buying new or second hand but there your only options above