1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW 6 / 7 LAN UPDATING TUTORIAL

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Jun 22, 2010.

1. gel105

gel105 Member

Hi the firmware is carling on my sv6. Thanks

2. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

what version? V1.10 is tke latest and only version of carling for uk not sure if it even works
    did you do a factory reset after you put firmware on box?
    did you scan for your area when searching for channels?
    did you try with the guinness?
    is your area on nag.3?
    did you do the check list above?

3. gel105

gel105 Member

I have done a factory reset after putting the firmware on the box. Is guinness for Ireland only?? How do you find out if you are on nag.3? I will have another try again. Thanks for your reply. Can you foward the firmware to me. THANKS.. THANKS..

4. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

here is latest carling LINK
    and here is guinness and yes the 1 for ireland does uk LINK
    did you get a new card for your sub box from virg*n or does your old box still show some channels, if you got card over 4 weeks ago you may be on nag.3, if your old box does not show scrambled channels you are most likely on nag.3
    do every thing i said in my last 2 posts

5. chocco1

chocco1 Regular member

romford has gone over to n3 older versions of sv no longer work

6. Aks_M

Aks_M Member

Hello I am new to the forum. Apologies in advance if this qn has been already answered. I am thinking of purchasing SV6 Box but would like to know if it is working in LUTON, BEDFORDSHIRE. From my understanding location is a pertinent factor. Furthermore can you please elaborate NAG3 and if I fall under that category and what can I do. Is it worth purchasing as I dont want to waste £££.

Kind Regards. Aks

7. e45

e45 Regular member

personally i would buy a Kryptview A780 the starview is not very dependable at the present time but do a bit of reading and you can decide yourself

8. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  9. gel105

gel105 Member

Hi i cant get my sv6 box to work and i live in Romford Essex. I would buy a Kryptview a780. (£160)

10. e45

e45 Regular member

Not anti starview just telling it like it is dont work in any part of ireland now despite lots of people buying them what are they doing to rectify this absolutely nothing... sure feck the paddies they wont care..... at least kryptview did not go to ireland so they did not have that problem.

and in the uk at the present time the box is up and down like a hoors handbag so what is the point in people buying boxes that dont do what its supposed to ...... excatly ya buy a box that does what it says on the tin

And your point ........ HiTeck ?? ............. does it do what it says on the tin .... NO it dont so why tell people otherwise.

11. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

My point,

I dont need to contribute to this, you do a good job of contradicting yourself.

STARVIEW 6 LAN UPDATING TUTORIAL

BUT I ADVISE YOU!, to buy a kryptview......

As said before, I am enjoying the laugh and the amount of shite you talk, just highlighting the facts is all.

(back seat) once again for now.

12. e45

e45 Regular member

then why bother commenting at all if you nothing constructive to say except critise

and the tutorial is for people that did buy and where stuck with not knowing how to update there box nothing more.

Stick to you back seat your prob better off LOL

13. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Because it is an open forum and I am entitled to do so ;) and if you dont like it tough.

Yeah right LOL, that's why until recently you had an active facebook link in your sig to where to buy the iconnector.

Come on E45 - AKA Fergusrb - Iconnect - argan3, why not just admit it that you are associated in some way with selling the kryptview - Iconnect then I will leave you alone eh eh! lol.

14. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

why not?
    explain what you have done and what wont work
    is it still the case of no ip address
    did you try in a friends house

**EDIT**
    i seen the krypt for £150 on 1 of the sites

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  15. e45

e45 Regular member

sound like the server is fecked again if they cant get it to work did you follow the tutorial to the letter ??

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  16. Aks_M

Aks_M Member

Thanks for your replies. . .I am still quite baffled as to which one to purchase. Some ppl are stating that SV6 is good some recommend Kryptview a780? which is best for me considering im from the LUTON, BEDFORDSHIRE area? I simply want something reliable which actually works. Please Help :S

Kind Regards Aks

17. e45

e45 Regular member

you have been told both work but the kryptview have better support and dont have any server issues like starview has.

18. Aks_M

Aks_M Member

Thanks for your help and finally can you post a reliable link of where I can purchase the Kryptview cheers and also the set up process.

19. e45

e45 Regular member

you will find kryptview facebook link under my post and the tutorial is also there

20. scandalu

scandalu Guest

starview boxes were sold by certain individual distributors in ireland who were given the primary rights to sell in ireland only...how they were meant to work(i,e server etc) was there problem and not connected to the service and main distributors in the uk....if you grow and sell cannabis from the the same yard,what do you expect would happen??uk distributors aren't that stupid and have no interest to sell directly working sv6's in ireland,so you will not find any one else selling them now,unless they set up their own c/s service.