1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview 6 boot vcr

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by rothar, Apr 8, 2010.

1. rothar

rothar Member

reswob
    you are spot on tried all the buttons again av/tv button a picture of a stereo and headphones comes up then you exit and hey presto fair play to you its workin again will send you a cyber pint thanks everyone great help just feel like a dope now but you live and learn thanks again lads

2. reswob

reswob Regular member

glad your sorted.as a matter of interest,between 900 and 999 were you on some favourites???

3. SG8

SG8 Active member

Suprise suprise !! lol

Glad you are sorted anyway.

4. e45

e45 Regular member

Whooooo what did i tell people about this seller cbireland AKA cableboxireland and people would not listen to me !!! these guy's just want your money and then dissapear and get a new sim card for their phone!!!

just goes to show if your box goes down he wont want to know and points you to this forum for help any reputable dealer with sort the problem and not pass the book like he done

DONT BUY BOXES FROM UNKNOWN SOURCES AND ALSO DEFO NOT FROM EBAY !!!

view his post below direct from that supplier
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/739151#5084757

or the full thread on this guy
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/739151

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  5. SG8

SG8 Active member

I know lads in Dublin that sell them on and they would look after you better than this!!

6. SG8

SG8 Active member

I would think a FAIR FEW did listen to you!!

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Now why doesnt that name surprise me in the slightest

EDIT - I am delighted Rothar got his box working again, just goes to show that these guys aint got a clue what they are doing or know anything about what they sell and dont want to back up what they are selling either and the obvious contempt they have shown for the buyer and the folks on here by doing what they did.

Fair play to the guys who offered help and support,

8. reswob

reswob Regular member

these suppliers should relizise this business is there bread and butter,they should take responsibility,if this means giving a box to a customer{afterdawn addict}or whatever,most of these problems would not arise,it only takes someone sitting in front of a box to sort most of these issues out.it,s beyond me as to why some of them dont do this and enhance ther reputation.look at the suppliers that do support there product{these will see the recession out}but with the bad press that you see above unfortunatley some people will loose ther jobs{suppliers please take note}

9. rothar

rothar Member

no i havent even figured out the favorite thing yet if you press av/tv them numbers come up screen goes blank and youd think box knackered and boot vcr adds to the total confusion but now i know ,i know amazing what consternation alittle button can cause really thought the box was bricked thanks again

10. reswob

reswob Regular member

not to worrie its working thats the main thing,enjoy

11. e45

e45 Regular member

Yes a lesson to be learned from that experience for everyone thinking of buying these boxes dont trust ebay or any non reputable dealers who havent a clue about the boxes themselves from the outset and who a willing to take your money but not help once a problem arises and then have the balls to tell you to go to afterdawn for other people to help you when its actually their job and not pass the book to a forum that has absolutely nothing to do with them in any way other than them trying to sell their wares on here.

Also please be aware that in their terms and conditions it states if you put firmware on their boxes they are not responsible for the problems that arise and this gives them a way out of the 12mth warranty and been able to send the goods back and paypal would not entertain these claims as you have modified the box from being FTA as they where sold although we all know what the purpose they have been sold for but at the end of the day when you purchase anything you are entering a contract even if you dont read the small print.