1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarView - 6 Lan IRL & UK Files 9/5/10

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by clairb, May 8, 2010.

1. clairb

clairb Guest

GUINNESS-1.00 for Ireland.
    CARLING-1.00 for UK.

Firmware Loads through usb so download the filmware and put it onto a usb stick (formated to fat32)
    make sure the box is off at the mains, plug the usb stick into the box and turn back on.
    now go to menu/Utility/and then press the right arrow button and select usb from the right hand side, you will now see the Guinness / Carling file on your usb stick. highlight the file and press ok on it and make sure to select SW+ALL DATA UPDATE.. The box will now start to flash, touch nothing until the box reboots by itself. (don't pull your memory stick out until the machine has fully started up) Then go to installation press the right arrow button again and go down to AUTO CABLE SEARCH
    you now need to scan your channels, NO SPLITTERS ON YOUR INCOMING CABLE WHEN DOING YOUR SCAN all you need to change here is the symbol rate.

The symbol rate determines your area for example N*l is 6887, the other numbers are 6952 for Telepe** and EXc&w. When you have selected your area go to start scan.

once the scan has finished go to menu then highlight accessory and on the remote press the numbers "8989" (you will not see the key edit unless you have scanned the box first) you will then see "K*yedit" appear on the right hand side, go to it and press ok and just check that auto update is on if its off just turn it on.

To use with LAN connection. ( YOU MUST HAVE LAN CONNECTED 24/7 )

Menu - Option -networks - net application - select type “Ustream(UK) or Istream(Ireland) - ok)

Then go to to your channels by exiting the menu and pressing ok..Select a non FTA channel and leave it until a picture appears PLEASE NOTE IT CAN TAKE UPTO 5 MINUTES TO UPDATE SO BE PATIENT

If you have 16:9 TV please follow up “ Option -> OSD Setup -> Screen Format

UK FILE CLICK HERE

IRISH FILE CLICK HERE

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2010
  2. clairb

clairb Guest

Added both files to top post

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
  3. grahem

grahem Member

ive had sv6 for about 3 weeks not been able to get programes on ive tried you message still not working eney other ideas

4. e45

e45 Regular member

what area are you in can you tell me if you are in a N1 area the box will not work as its been moded to work on N3 now

5. grahem

grahem Member

i live in heckmondwike westyorkshire

6. e45

e45 Regular member

has your area been changed over to N3 do you know ??

7. grahem

grahem Member

i dont even no what n3 is i dont no much about things like that sorry what does it mean

8. e45

e45 Regular member

ok the box you already have has that gone off or is this your first box

do you have a providers box ??

did you get a new card in the post recently ??

9. grahem

grahem Member

yes i have a providers box i got a new card a couple of months since i use to have the one called THE BOX it was the first one when i put the new card in my providers box all the programes went off on THE BOX so i decided to get sv6 but i still carnt get eney programes on

10. e45

e45 Regular member

ok m8 first did you connect your cable to the box ??

did you download and put the firmware on your box ??

did you connect your broadband feed to your box ??

are you scanning your box on direct feed no SPLITTERS ??

11. grahem

grahem Member

yes i connected my cable to sv6 yes i put firmware on box broadbands connected i havnt got eney splitters

12. e45

e45 Regular member

ok right did you scan for your channels on your providers symbol rate did your box pick up any channels if not try all the providers.

ok so what way is your cable connected to your starview box ?? and what way is your providers box connected and what way does your bb com in and connected ??

13. grahem

grahem Member

i scaned my channels on 6887 it showed all the programes as it was scanning through them my cable just screws in to the back of the sv6 the same way as it connects to my virgin box have got a starview wifi connecter for broadband

14. e45

e45 Regular member

ok so you have all your channels did you follow the instructions above to unscramble them

once the scan has finished go to menu then highlight accessory and on the remote press the numbers "8989"
    you will then see "K*yedit" appear on the right hand side, go to it and press ok and just check that auto update is on if its off just turn it on.

Then go to to your channels by exiting the menu and pressing ok..
    Select a non FTA channel and leave it until a picture appears
    PLEASE NOTE IT CAN TAKE UPTO 5 MINUTES TO UPDATE SO BE PATIENT

15. grahem

grahem Member

ive tried all tha still no channels on

16. e45

e45 Regular member

17. max7777

max7777 Member

Hi i am bout to purchase one of these boxes, when you say No splitters, is that just for the scanning, or wouldI not be able to use a splitter at all? Thanks,

18. grahem

grahem Member

ive no splitter at all have got my broadband upstairs and sv6 down stairs ive just taken a ethernet lead from upstairs down to sv and i still dont get eney channels i wished i hadnt bought sv6 it waist of money

19. e45

e45 Regular member

Best off if you dont as starview boxes are nortorious for losing channels on splitters

20. max7777

max7777 Member

I have my old starview box connected via a splitter, is it just the new sv6 that won't work via a splitter, does this apply to the kryptview as well?