1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 6 working!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by kaibaboy, Mar 2, 2010.

1. e45

e45 Regular member

No we are not how do you think eircom blocked pirate bay just by chance dont think so it was due to infringment rights same can happen to any ip address that they want to ban simple as

2. Dubfella

Dubfella Regular member

I was joking about the house of commons mate, i dont think we're under british rule anymore haha...

3. e45

e45 Regular member

well with the way things are running ya would never know who is running the country LOL

4. Dubfella

Dubfella Regular member

As a matter of interest how long would it take them to block the ip address, and how long would it be before they had a new one up and running?

5. e45

e45 Regular member

about 10 seconds to block how long to get a new depends on server ect but how long would it take them to block that again not long

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

they can block any IP addy, same as any company can block an IP addy in their system

7. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

The real reason eircom has blocked pirate bay was because a while ago eircom customers had no internet access after attacks on eircoms network. These attacks were believed to have come from pirate bay so eircom pulled the plug on them.

8. SG8

SG8 Active member

I thought it was the other way around, that because Eircom had blocked Piratebay they were attacked.

9. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Not from what I was told. My cousin has been their main engineer in south dublin for years now and he went into their tech department and asked the main people in there what the crack was and thats what he was told. He was fuming as he used it all the time lol.

10. SG8

SG8 Active member

You are probably right, was just stating my own misconception!! lol

11. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

They could easily have told him bull also mate! Nothing would surprise me with that shower. lol

12. grap

grap Member

The main point of the show was about music download but s@# and v@#$%& where stated as being big supporters of the bill as they want to clamp down on the other medias like film and Tv. If this is previous or current shows only they know.

13. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

i suspect that your ip will not be as important to eircom as pirate bay, so i don't really see it as an issue. you will have to make the headlines before your ip will be acted on

14. grap

grap Member

The bill going through at the moment is for everyone if I was more. Technical I'd link to bbc panarama but not quite sussed how to do this from my black Berry yet. Have a look though could make interesting reading

15. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

And after eircon blocked the pirate bay, it took me about 10 seconds to have it back again, but that was a very easy work around.

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

aye the eircom issue is easily got around alrite, but the main concern is not eircom, if upc can find or track the server IP for the SV6 they can just block it, without even saying a word, that way any of their customers who are using the sv6 could be hit, ya cant just ring em and complain if it happens! lol

just a thought

17. fathertim

fathertim Member

UPC will simply run a report to find all customers with a history of connecting to ***.***.***.***. This is enough evidence to bring said customers to court. Only a complete idiot would use UPC broadband running this box.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  18. Dubfella

Dubfella Regular member

Surely they'd have to prove you had a box with the software on before they brought you to court?

19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

yer missing the point mate, they can log what you are doing, once you connect yer box and it does what it does via the net, now, if that stands up is another thing, but your provider can provide data to anything you have watched on the net

20. Dubfella

Dubfella Regular member

bit late now lads, i tuned one in off their b/b, dont have it anymore though... gave it to the aulfella.. what ja reckon???