1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 6 working!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by kaibaboy, Mar 2, 2010.

1. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

like I said they can track what they want and if they wanted to block it, they can, whether they go one step furthur, no one can answer that, except them

2. grap

grap Member

In the new bill they have to send you a series of letters at least 2 then they slow your broad band. They have to let you stop downloading. That's the provider what v@#$%& would do I don't know. Take talk are saying they will not slow or stop their broadband don't no if u guys get this over the water. Oh happy St Patrick's day for yesterday. Bet there are some sore heads out there this morning.

3. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

If UPC asked some other Internet Provider, let's say Eircom to block people connecting to the Internet using this Box, I think they would say "NO"

Because if they did block it, people would simply move to another Provider and Eircom would loose money.

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

yep, cant see that ever happening, think it will be a self imposed block by them, if they ever went that direction

5. flanzer

flanzer Member

Hi, can someone lead me in the direction of how the Starview 6 works please? I'm on YouPeeSee in Dublin 13 and was gonna go down the route of their broadband package as I'm still on Eircom but may be reluctant now after reading some previous posts?
    Is the new method like card sharing and how much does it cost?
    Is there a minimum broadband speed I need as I'm limited to 3MB on my exchange?
    Does the new method give crystal clear pictures?
    Am I right in saying I can get all the channels back?!

Thanks

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

yes its the same in theory to CS - cost of the box is cost of usage for one year, after that its in the bin, dont ask I dint make that rule, but thats the long and short of it

min is say 1 mb

yes gets yer chans back, but yer internet must be on 24 / 7

7. flanzer

flanzer Member

The 24/7 thing doesn't bother me. I assume you have to pay a sub for a CS site? how much it that? When you say usage, is that internet usage? Or CS site usage? What goes in the bin? The box or a subscription?

Thanks

8. e45

e45 Regular member

The box goes in the bin as the price of the box covers your cs for the year not sure how they work the time limit weather its the day you switch it on or the day from when they started selling the boxes

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

just explained it to you, the cost of the box covers the cost of the share for the year, after that the box goes in the bin, the you get a new one,

I didnt mention usage????

The box goes in the bin, box lasts for a year and then shuts off, once connected the timer starts from there,

10. SG8

SG8 Active member

Well 24/7 is not strictly required, but you do need it on when your box is on!

11. den808

den808 Member

hello everyone,
    can anyboday pm the best dealer in dublin or on internet, thank you

12. e45

e45 Regular member

Google is your friend try that :)

13. mommy187

mommy187 Member

After these sv6 r all shut down & it wont b long!! Wat wil cum next?? & wat wil the price to pay !!!!! & how long will it last !!!!
    Im usein the free 15 channles ntl & on top of tat over 100 channls it includes bbc1,2,3,4, zone thriller, zone horror & 1 ,movies , kids , music & loads others on
    freeview box their call SAT4FREE tat ive pickup in powercity for 69e .. im quite happy its a once off wudnt pay monthly for this ..

I dont see any diffances!! The sv6 dose pickup movies nor sports :(

14. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

the SV6 picks movies(skys and others), music, sports (skys + Espn's, kiddies films, there is a big difference to the FTA sat which you are using, but with this box, your not relying on the box to de-scramble, but the net, but like anything i suppose, this has its downfalls also, but i think for that price for a year, its not bad at all,

15. mommy187

mommy187 Member

Ture u mite pickup few other channles tat r interested on sv6 the price 160pounds isnt bad for a year, Just a day wed ya wakeup srceen goes blank back on here where & how & questions as tat wont b long:( i feel ur the pain tryin to answer most of the people question on here :( But i wil stick with my lifetime on sat4free

16. SG8

SG8 Active member

True, you might pickup the premium channels and the price of 160 sterling is not bad for a year.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  17. pnoonan

pnoonan Member

howya i livein blanch,confused abt this box,does it plug into N#L cable.[im over 60 so easily confused ha]tks pat

18. e45

e45 Regular member

Im sure there is plenty out there now but for how long they last thats another story there is n guarentee with any of these boxes they can last a day a week a month a year ten years who knows

19. pnoonan

pnoonan Member

20. e45

e45 Regular member

dont press the quote button just press reply or use the box down the bottom to answer