1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 6 working!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by kaibaboy, Mar 2, 2010.

1. pnoonan

pnoonan Member

thanks E45 told you i was easily confused,do i just plug in SV6 into my cable socket N#L.IS IT HARD TO SET UP TKS PAT

2. e45

e45 Regular member

you will have to have internet connection firmware for the box and a sub from your provider

3. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

When your year is up with these boxes, you might not have to bin it.

I would imagine the Starview people will have a site set up where you can buy an update for your box.

It won’t be a software download like the first release for this box

You pay your fee and the box is reactivated through the internet to your IP address of your box.

It wouldn’t be good business to just make new boxes when you can update them and still charge the same fee.

4. grap

grap Member

Does any one know when they will be good to go in England? To me 160 is a bargain.

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

nope as they are currently not set up for the UK, just ireland, but i am sure its being looked at alright. prob after n3 finish's its dirty job over there

6. podhead

podhead Regular member

May have been answered somewhere already ,but I would think that using your broadband for viewing all channels on a SV6 wouldn't take too long for some people to go over their download limits. I know of a lot of people who didn't realise that they have a download limit with their broadband provider but when they checked found that indeed they had.

7. Del_H

Del_H Member

Lads,

Just got a new Straview 6 living in Co. Dublin but for the life of my can not get it up and running I have had Starview in the past and have had no problem setting them up and updating them, but I’m having no joy with up loading the Firmware form my USB the box.

I have gone thought the instructions again and again but can’t get it working. can some one PM with some pointers please

8. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

your not using your BB connection for viewing channels, the tv signals still come to your SV via the same cable as before,..the unlocking data comes via your BB connection but this is a minute amount of data which won't put you over your download limit,..**NOTE** downloading other stuff whilst using one of these boxes can & will effect your viewing causing picture glitching & freezing....so I hear ;-)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  9. podhead

podhead Regular member

Thanks for that, understand now.

10. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

the sv6 solution is by definition cs. this implies that the distributor has managed to read the card and supply decoding info to users. if the distributor can do this is it not likely that similar info will be available when they cut their service so individual users can do exactly the same? if you can program the sv6 to interact with a master IP today (the distributors) in 12 months time i do believe it highly likely that information will be available for the common user to do exactly the same. all this exercise has proven is that the nagra3 card can be read and shared, so i do not believe that in one years time such info will not be openly available to all. maybe i am missing the point but i would not bin the sv6 just yet

11. e45

e45 Regular member

Hi Brian

There will not be a site set up for payment to be made for this service as its totally illigal so they will have to purchase a new box once their year is up unless they decide not to do it that way but someone is going to have to pay for the server so you can bet it will be the customer via a new box

12. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

maybe the customer might just be able to this themselves?

13. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

just wondering lads when mmds comes to a halt how long will it take to have sv6 software available(maybe someone knows) for the mmds market,when i contacted one of the suppliers on this it seemed i had the door slammed in my face the only thing that seemed to bother these guys is how many of these boxes do you want now and for the forseeable future abviously my answer to him wasnt good enough cause he has disappeared into thin air..

14. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

mmds is dead for a practical reason. quality is rubbish. why would u want to share

15. Dubfella

Dubfella Regular member

what part of dublin are ya in mate? are ya 6887 or 6875? only 6887 is working so far!

16. Dubfella

Dubfella Regular member

very intresting.... hmmm

17. dasko78

dasko78 Member

HI guys,

Starview 6 working!!.........this is a great news!

Can anyone confirm that can see SK* movies in Dublin?
    Do I need a dish for this box? It will work with the N*L standard 15 channels cable?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  18. KBMurphy

KBMurphy Member

Does anyone have a list of the commands to install the starview 6 on the n*l cable system, the stations are all scrambled. The box is connected to the net and cable. I suppose I need ip settings for box/router?

Kenneth

19. KBMurphy

KBMurphy Member

How do I tell if its 6887/6875 or 6887? Can you let me know. Thanks Kenneth

20. Del_H

Del_H Member

As far as I'm aware I'm on 6887 I'm in

I'm on 6887 as far as I know, but who can you tell...???