1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview and EuroVox Man V

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Solo_007, May 13, 2008.

1. Solo_007

Solo_007 Member

Ive got a starview box and a eurovox at home recently tried to flash them off my laptop which has flashed them before today, and it will just not let me do it.

The starview box just says faild retry or cancel (does'nt even start the process to flash)

Eurovox says kind of the same thing, power up reciver etc to flash ive tried that no joy ...

any ideas guys ?

2. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Sorry, but you say you flashed them already, why are you flashing them again?

3. Solo_007

Solo_007 Member

Was a previous flash now i need to update them to auto update!

4. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

What kind of boxes do you have..ie clones or genuine?

All the data for updating is on the links under my signature if you need to find out.

Just make sure you downloaded the correct new file for your box, there are so many files now it can be very easy to flash the wrong one.

5. rev007

rev007 Guest

6. rev007

rev007 Guest

can any one help me can not find or down load new files for starview wat am i doing wrong

7. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

do you know which starview you have and is it a computer or laptop you,re using?

8. rev007

rev007 Guest

i think its a clone and its a computer iv got a cable but its 9 pin in box and 20 odd pin in comp but i can not download the file in first place so i dont want to buy anouther cable till i can get firmware on comp doin my head in lol

9. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

http://eko.4shared.com/ you will get your firmware here....and check out the clone or not download as well.good luck!

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  10. rev007

rev007 Guest

ive done that mate but it will not let me open file it says no known program is that my comp. and will that cable with 20 odd pins in bac of pc work iv heard u av to select a com port or some thing

11. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

no you only need to worry about com ports if you're using a usb adaptor...you need a winrar programme to open the file...just google it and you'll get one no problem.

12. rev007

rev007 Guest

13. rev007

rev007 Guest

do u av to pay for the winrar ?

14. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Winrar is the same as winzip and it available FREE on the web, just google it and download a free one. Some of the files are IN winrar and this program will open it for you.

ALL the files you need are under my signature.

Do all this first and then we can guide you through the easy option of upgrading you box.

1.what kind of box do you have?
    2. Is it original or cloned?
    3. How will you download..ie stand alone PC or Lap top.

John

15. rev007

rev007 Guest

right iv got the winrar up but nothing in there to do with box ivefoundcrypstar 257 bin but wont let me down load thick i no

16. rev007

rev007 Guest

how do i get the file up on the winrar plz help doin my nut in

17. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Ok. So you have winrar downloaded on you computer?

Which file are looking for, or what box do you have...this is the first thing I need to know.

18. rev007

rev007 Guest

hi its a clone starview i think got the file in winrar but wen i go on it it comes with a load off gobbledy gook.cryptstar 257 bin

19. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

The bin file is to be uploaded. Just save this file in your pc and use the gtrom loader to open it.
    I don't think you need to winrar the bin file just save it if it opens for you from the shared folder under my signature.

try this and get back to me

20. rev007

rev007 Guest