1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarView Box 3 - No channels found

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by balkieb, Apr 4, 2008.

1. malci

malci Guest

Appoligies binkie, really didn't realise that I had, I am fully aware of the forum policy was just trying to help, into much haste I suppose, won't happen again.

2. AasimJav

AasimJav Member

wat codes did u put in to the navragation system?

3. malci

malci Guest

Depends where you are and who your provider is, what is it you want to know exactly????????

4. AasimJav

AasimJav Member

i liv in the west midlands and the network provider is NTL. i tried the codes that you gave out before, but they were'nt working... any ideas on what i should do?

5. bullboy

bullboy Member

just got starview 3 the box im in west mids on telepest cant flash cant get channels on help anyone please

6. megan1

megan1 Member

Has anyone out there got the n*l codes. Down again.

7. audreyc

audreyc Guest

AUDREY HERE MEGAN IM IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU I NEED THE CODES ALSO

8. maefegan

maefegan Member

anyone got the codes Please Galway

9. vintymac

vintymac Member

Hi guys,

looking some help or advice. I have a couple of new St*rview 3 The Box Supers to set up. I have installed the programmes on NTHELL, but whenever I go to Menu then 1570, nothing. I cannot get the hidden menu screen to access Nagravision or EMU set up. I can get all the ordinary channels, ie: BBC1, ITV etc. The software loaded is version 6.00. I have loaded up a few boxes in the past, both originals and clones, and never a problem, until now. What am I doing wrong, if anything? This driving me bats. Any help or advice would be brilliant.

I have tried the solutions mentioned below, but no joy. I am living in the Belfast area.

Also, does anybody have any knowledge on Envision boxes. I have one of these as well, but cannot access it without new software and codes etc.

Thanking you in advance

vintymac

10. darora

darora Member

Hi There,
    Can any one help?
    I have starview box About month ago it was working fine than i went on holiday so while i went took the box off from the NTL cable system which is now Virgin Media.
    When i came back last week and pulg it back agian is fine for the freeview channels but all the $other ones are not working anymore. i have change the keys two time now i have got the latest one which one realse on the 18th april. I have tried for both NTL and TW but is still not showing. New Keys i get from is www.bigmaq.co.uk only down thing is you have to download there toolbar to able to get all the latest key anytime which is very quick. pls anyone suggest what can it be done i need to get fixed by this friday got some friend coming over so can watch some fotties and etc.
    Will apperciate any help!
    regards
    DA

11. malci

malci Guest

Yep, they have changed their encryption method, you will have to update your box, is an original Starview 1, if so the latest firmware is CrypStar-v1.4-Genuine Only and you will get it at Eamo's Library - Starview Folder 7th down :-

Eamo's FTA Library http://eko.4shared.com/
    You will also find plenty of documentation there as well if required

If you have not flashed before then you will need these cables depending on your PC setup.

NULL MODEM CABLE DB9F to DB9F
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

If your pc does not have a serial port you will need a USB to serial port adapter to use in conjunction with the null modem cable.

USB Adapter
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Modu...erial Adaptor

These two cable links are only for reference as they can be purchased a lot cheaper on fleabay.

As regards your codes you will always find them at one of the two links at the bottom, they are updated as and when obtained asap. and of course check that Key EMU is ON.

12. malci

malci Guest

Hey darora - Make sure you can know which box you have, Starview 1 or Starview 2 The Box or clone, it is very important that you do know, as the firmware is not compatible for 1 and 2, and the clone has it's own fix.

13. darora

darora Member

Hi There,
    thanks for your reply i will give it go tonight see what heppen!
    will let you know tomorrow.
    Thanks
    DA

14. malci

malci Guest

Hi darora, make sure you do know what box you have, and if you have not flashed a box before, it will be much easier for you if you can get hold of an old laptop borrow one if possible, they have the correct port connection - saves you a lot of headache with the USB connection.

15. twirley

twirley Member

Im wondering if anyone can help. My EPG is coming up blank and has been for the past several weeks with no listings, is this a general problem?

16. malci

malci Guest

Afraid so, it's rubbish, [resume your talking SV1 - at best of times all you will get is a couple of hours if you leave it on an home channel for a while, you will eventually get a few more hours if you press EPG and then OK - it will slowly fill up on the left hand side, all in all best forget it really.

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yep not great but does improve if you set it to auto and Summertime on in user settings.

18. malci

malci Guest

Hi scOuser, yep should have mentioned that, it's total crap if the time is incorrect - assuming to much lol Cheers :)

19. darora

darora Member

Hi malci,

No probe i do have both old pc and Laptop just need to chk for cable which i should have with my old Modam with my all storage.
    model should be on the box or need to find some where else?
    Thanks
    DA

20. malci

malci Guest

It's good that you have an old laptop, but not to sure I understand your question (model should be on the box), if you are referring to what the model of Starview you have, I have explained them up above, if it is just a silver box with Starview in black letters on front left, it is SV 1 count the number of vents on top of the case, there should be 7 rows by 25 Okay, if there is 7 rows by 13 still Okay if there is 7 rows by 18 not okay, most likely a clone, if that's the case come back on. - If it says The Box on front, same area then that is SV 2, you will need different firmware.