1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarView Box 3 - No channels found

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by balkieb, Apr 4, 2008.

1. greentogo

greentogo Member

blutate if your a hackney driver you must no loads of people and have a mate that will have your box going in 2 mins thats what id try

2. DesB

DesB Regular member

Can I but in here!!

Blutate we have been trying since teatime to get you sorted, between you running around the threads and me playing chase, its been a long night, however as you are aware or should be..we Karl. Malci, etc are volunteers, starview users like yourself, who believe it or not have other things to do on a Friday night,but decided to try and sort you out, we are all sorry we couldnt get the message across to you,however as we were all beginers at one stage we know its difficult at times,to try and understand what you are being advised to do, if you want help the lads are here at sometime or other and will dowhatever it takes, but when e are sitting waiting for people to reply to us its very time consuming and we dont know if your sorted or not at the same time we could be helping 20 or 30 others on other threads and cant help them...can you get the pcture,

Finally there was absolutly no offence from either Karl,Maci, or myself athe end of this evening Only Banter,we need to let steam off somewere so have a kip,and come back tomorrow and we will all start again..............

3. DesB

DesB Regular member

4. greentogo

greentogo Member

blutate if your a hackney driver you must no loads of people and have a mate that will have your box going in 2 mins thats what id try this is what i said lads use done your best

5. malci

malci Guest

Quite right, it is getting rather long and there has been a lot of re-posting of the 1st page, that alone would reduce it somewhat, it is getting clogged up.

6. DesB

DesB Regular member

Will you give him a shout Malci he is looking for input!

7. malci

malci Guest

bluetate, after reading through the posts regarding your problem, you where given a lot of correct/sound advice over a long period of time - the hours that Desb volantarily and patiently spent with you was tremendous - (it was a real pity that you took umbrage at a little lighthearted banter at the end of an exhaustive evening) - however to get back to the point in question, the box super SV3, is sold as a FTA receiver and is normally blank (some are supplied with firmware installed depending on the supplier) but the evidence points to your box being devoid of firmware, if this is so, then there is no way in the world that it will let you access the Cas System, it needs to have firmware installed, hence my request above. When you go into System Information - it should read something like API ver: 6.00e_E followed by Boot ver ** and date :- if it does not and it shows single digit and single e - (the box is blank) then you must install firmware, before you can access Cas System and gain the ability to view encrypted channels.

For Legal Reasons Receivers are sold as FTA

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2008
  8. Broma

Broma Member

Hiya All,

Was doing some research into Starview 3 and looking at getting one but just want to make sure I dont have too many issues. I am a N*L digital subscriber in Dublin area..is it really as easy as buy, plug in and away ye go ?? Or will i have to imput codes etc? If I do where will I find them?

Any info or advice greatly appreciated..

Cheers

9. ciaranmc

ciaranmc Regular member

helppp......i have starview box 2 ....i orginally had version 4.0 so i tried to upload 4.5 but now the box wont turn channels on.....it only opens the advert the box at the start...have i fooked it up ??? plz help someone

10. karljd

karljd Regular member

are you sure you have the box starview 2 because i dont think v400 would work on the box try and put the v400 back on if its starview 1 and then load the crypstar v1.4 which you will find in eamos library under my pic

11. karljd

karljd Regular member

by the way ciaran please read the rules before posting thats three posts in three different threads,your question will be answered eventually please have patience

12. ciaranmc

ciaranmc Regular member

ok sorry about the posts......ok what i have is the box first edition say.....now i have no idea what to load on to it to be honest

13. ciaranmc

ciaranmc Regular member

it used to autoroll but does not anymore.....it had version 4.0 what ever that means so i presumed i would have to load version 4.5 onto it...but i have no idea how to go about this..

14. karljd

karljd Regular member

Ive already answered see above, you say you have put firmware for another box on yours if you can do that you can put back on the original firmware then put on crypstar400 so it will autoroll again,as i said everything you need is in eamos library under my pic.

15. ciaranmc

ciaranmc Regular member

you see this is where i am confused ...it says starview on the actual box ,and when i turn on the box on tv its says the box ...lol which is it ...starview....or the box

16. ciaranmc

ciaranmc Regular member

i loaded on firmware that i had on my computer belonging to the old starview by accident...so i guess i need the firmware for the box ....do i need to get gtrom 4.5?? or what am i actually looking for in the library

17. malci

malci Guest

As karl has said, you have loaded the wrong formware. Does it say Starview on the left hand side front of box? If so then it is Starview 1

18. ciaranmc

ciaranmc Regular member

yes it says starview on the left hand side....can you tell me exactly what files i need to download for this ...thanks and sorry i aint used to this

19. malci

malci Guest

What does it actually say on the front of the box, Starview or The Box which?

20. karljd

karljd Regular member

Its either a starview1 or starview 2 the box as malci said it will say the box on the actual box if its a starview 2 your atrting to confuse me so you need to determine which box you have