1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarView Box 3 - No channels found

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by balkieb, Apr 4, 2008.

1. malci

malci Guest

Very Good, now get it flashed and up and running.

2. malci

malci Guest

ciaranmc, are you okay now or what, as I have to be on my way now, let me know where your at.?

3. malci

malci Guest

Okay ciaranmc, I take it that you are now alright and everything is back in business, have to go now so Good night and good luck, come back if you have anymore problems. Cheers :)

4. DesB

DesB Regular member

You have the patience of a saint, Malci,LOL

5. malci

malci Guest

It does help Des, :) by the way it is bluetate day lol, you are the chesen one - watch with interest later, good luck and have a nice day.

6. bluetate

bluetate Member

good morning des and friends,bluetate as entered the building,please remember,before you start, loosing patience,that bluetate as an IQ of about 8 lol

7. malci

malci Guest

Good morning bluetate, Des is due to take you through the procedure, in the meantime I wonder if you will post the info I requested re:- System Information, it will help.

8. bluetate

bluetate Member

good morning malci,here goes system information API VER:6.OLE_E BOOT VER :8.0 7 MARCH 2008

9. malci

malci Guest

Are you sure it says the date - sorry silly question, did you get a NULL MODEM lead supplied with the box, you need to flash with the firmware 601eE, Des will be with you later, in the meantime I have posted information for you below.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2008
  10. malci

malci Guest

Anyway the way it is reacting - before you can go any further make sure you have a NULL MODEM lead >>>>>>>>

NULL MODEM CABLE DB9F to DB9F
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

and ensure that your PC has the correct port connection, if not you will need this >>>>>>>>
    USB Adapter
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Modu...erial Adaptor
    These links are for information only, they are available a lot cheaper on fleabay etc.

Would advise you to borrow an old laptop or use a standalone that has the correct port connection, it will save you a lot of bother and frustration and will work real easy for you. Check out the pictures here, it is the same connecting method PC to Box >>>>>>>
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/653745

And download the the firmware from Eamo's Library at the bottom of my post, you will find it in The Box SUPER 3rd from bottom, click in that and it is the second file down GTRom_Super_601e and instructions and you will be ready to go, when flashed with that you should be fine.

11. bluetate

bluetate Member

yes it as the date malci 7 march 2008 it does not idicate no firmware.if firmware is on it what should it say! got a null modem lead supplied,but i went and got a usb serial converter

12. malci

malci Guest

Bluetate, that date does indicate that you have the 601eE firmware, because that is the release date for that firmware ? there is another release 7.05eE 10th April 2008.

13. malci

malci Guest

You will find it in the Library, go into The Box Super and click on the top file All In One Firmware Loader and it is there.

14. malci

malci Guest

bluetate, I have to be off now so download and have a look at the instructions, I would recommend that you carefully install the driver,s for the USB connector and make sure you have the correct com port selected, just give it a go - you cannot do any harm. There will be help available later if you have problems, also check out the link at the bottom marked 2. and look down the page if you have trouble with connection of USB. (And ensure that you have a live cable feed into box) cable input when you are setting up.

15. bluetate

bluetate Member

sorry about this malci but when you say download the firmware gtrom super 705e.zip,should i have my box set up to my computer or do i down load first, then put my box on thanks p.s. i told you i had an IQ of 8 lol

16. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

i think malci maybe gone...download first to your computer and then connect the box when your ready to download to the box.

17. malci

malci Guest

Just going through the door - Just download it to your desktop, the box does not need to be connected to your computer at this stage, only do that when you are ready to flash it. And do not forget to UNZIP the file okay. Have highlighted your download first.

18. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

dont know a lot about starview 3 but yeah you download it on to your computer first and save it

19. malci

malci Guest

Thanks vicky, have to go - maybe you can spend a little time with bluetate, if possible Cheers :)

20. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

i'll try!!hopefully desb will get here soon!!