1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW BOX - FANTASTIC! BUT 1 SMALL PROB..

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by randycat, Jan 8, 2007.

1. did

did Member

hi got no disc but prob is mine has reverted to ntl fron naGRAVISION SCREEN AND WONT SAVE THE TELEWEST SETTING WHEN I select it.

2. skywatchr

skywatchr Guest

Mine was doing similar things yesterday when I was trying to fix it. For a long time I couldn't get rid of the parental control screen, then later I couldn't click on certain password controls. I left it unplugged for hours and it was okay later. It's all fixed now.

3. johnso1c

johnso1c Member

4. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

We all know that. The file has been available in this forum since Friday afternoon.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  5. skywatchr

skywatchr Guest

Hi, thanks. I couldn't find it, too busy panicking in case I wasted my £115. Box only 24 hrs old. I'm glad it's up and working again and I'm just trying to be helpful. Will try to read messages carefully in future.

6. skywatchr

skywatchr Guest

Can you tell me exactly where on this forum is the new fix for yesterdays problem?

7. Eskieski

Eskieski Member

hi there mate, im having the problem which i think you have a solution to....so if u could please message me back asap so i could sort my box out. thanx

8. skywatchr

skywatchr Guest

Hi, there's a fix on this forum somewhere, posted by Fekker. I can send you mine if you want but I need your email address.

9. pedolino

pedolino Member

10. relay

relay Member

whats the name of the file/software needed.

11. skywatchr

skywatchr Guest

12. Ultratek

Ultratek Member

13. Ultratek

Ultratek Member

14. skywatchr

skywatchr Guest

Mine was doing the same thing till someone emailed me a wee update file to add to it. Did you get a disc and a lead to connect to your PC when you got the box?

15. randycat

randycat Guest

http://www.satdownloads.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3597.0

Since I started this post I have found that satdownloads is the place to be looking if you are a newbie like I was 3 weeks ago. Simple step by step instructions on getting your SVB working again - you will need a null modem serial cable or us to 9 pin serial femal cable/connection then its a 15 minute process found in "LUCID'S" set up guide in the Star View section on www.satdownloads.co.uk

Hope this helps as i know the feeling when youve shelled out loads on SV boxes & then they stop working!!!

16. Ultratek

Ultratek Member

Well its nice to know that a solution may be available.
    The bad news is that I have no disk as the supplier assured me that it was all set up ( since he sold it to me he has been unhelpful). I also do not have a cable, but I guess that I can get one fairly quickly.
    I would like to reload the software - any ideas where it may be available and the 'wee update' would be most useful.
    Best regards and thanks for the reply

17. randycat

randycat Guest

You dont need a disc - you can download the files from the link I posted to www.satdownloads.co.uk - just get a null modem cable or a usb to 9 pin serial cable from Maplins & follow instructions on SatDownloads.

18. Ultratek

Ultratek Member

Thank you very much for the reply - I guess i,m about to go shopping for a cable - again its much appreciated

Regards

19. theberm

theberm Member

get yourself an rs232 cable with both ends female andownload the new software then load into the sv box,you should be up and running again. i didnt need the new update as my box updated itself and is fine.good luck

20. simoncelt

simoncelt Member

hello theere mate my box now dont have all channels can you assist me in anyway my email simoncelt@hotmail.com thanks alot