1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview box stopped working

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Hedders, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Yes it had to be updated for "THE B0X" to appear on a clone lol
    Ask him for a loan of his cable cos you box will die if you dont update to the correct 2.57_fixed firmware for clones

2. Hedders

Hedders Member

he denies knowin anytin about it ha wait til i see him..will the box be ok if i leave it unplugged for a day or two while i get that cable..i tried downloadin 2.57 wit the rs232 cable but it just says failed.so the null modem cable will defo work??

3. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

I cant promise you it will be ok , you might be lucky

And yes the null modem cable will work no problem

5. Hedders

Hedders Member

bought the null modem cable but wen i try flash the box it says flash failed

6. marlynn

marlynn Member

hi anyone. looking at site and last posting is 21.07.2007, that can't be right, can it??

hope this posting goes tru. msg for cactikid - read pg 32. am i to understand your in greystones area? how come you can get starview to work? i have original starview and can't get it to work for love nor money. was told i need digital and we don't have digital in this area. any ideas??

thanks

7. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ok turn pc off completely then connect up your cable then turn pc back on then connect your cable to your box then put box in standby with remote then press gtrom loader find your file on the pc where you downloaded it wait for it to finish even when you see 100% it takes another 40 seconds after this until you see on your pc compleat and the on is on your box if this does not work try downloading the software again from the eko site and start again

8. marlynn

marlynn Member

just flicked over to this site with my posting, obviously new thread started, how come no re direction on old site? *puzzled*

9. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Just to let you know this site is behind 5 hours in Ireland and UK

10. marlynn

marlynn Member

yeah i know that celtic, just there is a huge gap between yesterday and todays postings - unusual!!

anyway, query for cactikid if they look in. seems from pg 32 of other thread they are in greystones area and receiving signal just wondering how they doing it cos i've tried everything and have original starview and nothing happening. appreciate reply cacti.

thanks

11. Hedders

Hedders Member

alri celtic...got the null modem cable still got flash fail then done wat fergusrb said and still nothing...sorry addressed this to celtic its just becauase he knows exactly wat the problem is..thanx

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Or she actually

13. Hedders

Hedders Member

i had a feelin some1 would say that ha ha sorry.. could u read the whole thread and try help me please...

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ya i will have a bash give me few`min ok to read and try sort it

15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ok first what box do you have is it starview or starview 2thebox

16. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

13 slots means it's a first generation, thanks to fergusrb for that info, so you should version 4 of the firmware.

Does the percentage move at all in the gt-rom loader, or does it stay at 0%? If it's not moving, it sounds like a problem with your COM port. The gt-rom loader defaults to COM1, so try changing it to com2, then com3 and then com4. If it still won't work, I'd say the shop assistant sold you the wrong cable.

17. Hedders

Hedders Member

i have the first generation...it stays at 0% for a few seconds then says flash failed.. i have a NIKKAI null modem cable 9 pin female to 9 pin female

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

look above for answer

19. Hedders

Hedders Member

i just tried all com ports and same thing..im using 2.57e if that makes a difference

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

are you talking about in the gtrom loader or on computer