1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Box with The Box Firmware installed, problems!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Villa86, Apr 6, 2008.

1. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Makes a big difference, that's the wrong cable. You absolutely have to get a null modem cable.

Here's a link, it's only an example, you should be able to get one in any good computer/electronics store;

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97740&criteria=null modem&doy=20m4

2. chrisbond

chrisbond Member

3. bosco81

bosco81 Guest

Hi
    i am trying to put cryptstar on starview genuine (25) vents but when i press dowload it keeps failing ,the software on at the moment is 4.00.Any ideas

4. scooby33

scooby33 Member

Thanks Lads, I have to await the delivery of nul modem cables to maplins or peats....they had a big rush dont you know......who knew ;-}

5. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Have you used the NULL MODEM CABLE before and are you using a PC or Laptop ?

6. bosco81

bosco81 Guest

Yes have used cable before and from PC

7. cubsxx

cubsxx Guest

I have followed your instrucions, And they worked , I have original box , with e4.00 fierm..ww , Is thier is new relese of fierm...w
    thx all the rest

8. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

you need winrar

9. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

i think both ends of the cable do different things.

10. malci

malci Guest

Not sure what instructions you have followed, but to answer your query re-firmware - if it is a genuine Starview 1 and you say it is then yes there is a (modified) version of V 4.00eE called CryptStar-1.4-Genuine only with auto-roll (modded) - you will find it at the link below in Eamo's Library, go into Starview folder 7th down and then Firmware folder 2nd down and there it is 3rd file down (zip file).

Eamo's FTA Library http://eko.4shared.com/

11. LostWith

LostWith Member

What does EMU stand for?

12. pdiddy46

pdiddy46 Guest

HI ALL
    Need some help .I have purcashed a usb serial converter to download new firm ware .My new laptop is not compatible with the null modem cable .I have downloaded drivers from disk supplied with the cable ,and identified port.
    my problems are are follows
    When I dowmload new version og Gtrom my laptop cannot open it.
    Can anybody help me with this problem .
    With my old laptop I idnt have these issues as the null modem cable was compatible and when I dowloaded Gtrom it open upo ok for me ,unfortunately the old one is now dead .

13. malci

malci Guest

I presume you have extracted it if it's from Starview folder .rar one, if not then download Winrar and use that, should not be a problem. If still having problems then check in the SV The Box and try that one GTRom 4.00. perhaps that will work, also check that your anti-virus software is not blocking it.

14. LostWith

LostWith Member

Installed the Core257 file to my clone box this evening - worked a treat unscambled SLY Sports in a couple of minutes and all others in the clear too.

Thanks Sunrise and all other contributors on this forum.

15. DBoxHead

DBoxHead Member

Hi, First time poster but I have read alot of the posts. My dad has a stairview box and no PC !! So every time the codes changed I was on the phone reading them out to him over the phone. Painfull, with the amount of times they have changed !!
    So yesterday I bought the null modem cable and downloaded CryptStar-v1[1].4-GenuineOnly.zip. I connected up the box and everything seemed to download a treat, i could see the LCD display update on the stairview and the download sucessfull message appeared. So this morning I brought the box back up to his house and when I plugged it in and did an autoscan it only picked up 34 chanels. I tried this a couple of times to no avail. I then went and entered the code and got it back working. The fact the channels did not come in on the first scan does this mean it will not autoroll ?? Should I expect a call from him in the middle of the football tomorrow (again), or should i take the box back and re-flash it ??

16. malci

malci Guest

If you have flashed it correctly then no, but when you said the message appeared - was it in a (pop up box downloading successful) if no you have disconnected to early, if yes then it should auto-roll, the best way to find out is to go into Cas System and Press Set Default Key and exit out to an encrypted channel and see if it updates.

17. DBoxHead

DBoxHead Member

It said download successful, and I pressed the OK button. I can go to his house and see if if set default key rolls the key but if not can you think of anthing else I could have done wrong ?? As it was updating I could see the LCD on the sv saying the percentages then when it was finished the pc said download successful and I pressed ok on that. Any ideas before I get that call ?? Or should I just try flash it again ?? Does it take more than one time sometimes ??

18. DesB

DesB Regular member

I would suggest you try what Malci told you, turn on the machine press menu, press 1570,press Default,exit,exit,and go to sly spotts and you should get a message saying updating % and it should click in.... if this works your sorted... then if they do the codes again, simply put it back to sly spotts and it will click again...any probs get back to us!

19. malci

malci Guest

If you pressed OK in the (pop up box) then rest assured, all is well - just do the check I suggested to satisfy yourself - Cheers Des, up and about early I see :)

20. DesB

DesB Regular member

Morning Malci, yeah up and about, but cant really be on this all day otherwise afterdawn will be named on the divorce petition LOL