1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by inchjohn, Dec 5, 2007.

1. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

make sure your scart is pushed in fully at the back of the box or the TV

2. peteire

peteire Guest

Hi,
    So have the codes changes or what, i heard all those rumours, didnt pay much attention...
    but my channels are all gone
    Screen is just completely Black, saying scrambled or bad channel.
    any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

3. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Check the Codes Here ---> http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363

Also make sure the EMU key is ON

4. nobby3ie

nobby3ie Member

Hi,

Im another newbie her but been getting great info from this site for ages, so thanks for that.

I'm living in Dublin (Camden St. / Portobello) and have a starview 2 box. Everything has been working fine up until a few days ago when stations would come and go etc..

I've taken on board all the advice posted here such as restoring factory setting and doing a new scan. Initially that worked but now my scans are not picking up any channels. One thing I did notice is that thebox isnt scanning as many locations tonight as it has before.

The DVB-C (and i honestly dont know what that stands for!) is scanning 1-24 when it has been scanning up to 32 or 33 previously. I'm getting "failed" for most of these and I'm picking up 11 channels of these. Previously most of the channels never appeared until it reached 27.

So after all my rambling, I suppose what I'm asking is can i get the box to scan above 24 or am I totally missing something here.

I'm sorry I don't have the technical lingo to describe the problem better, but I'm hoping someone will understand what I'm talking about and help me out. My codes all seem to be up to date from viewing other topics. I've tried a manual scan using the frequencies i got here but no luck there too.

My System info is

The Box

API Ver 450e_E
    Boot Ver 7.0
    5 july 2007

Thanks for listening

Nobby

5. buckymix

buckymix Guest

HI guys, any idea as to whats happening with NTHell in D15 ?? Mine went down last nite at about 7.30 with stations flicking on and off but now the starview is not picking up any signal at all and it's now 8.30am . . i've done a re-scan on my normal TV and have found RTE1 / 2 TV3 & TG4 all working perfectly...
    Now i've heard all this bullsh*t re N*L sendin a signal to damage the boxes which i've taken no notice of but has anyone else had problems in the D15 area ??

6. age1979

age1979 Member

my mates box went down a few days ago and he only lives in the next street. keeps saying chanels updating.

His codes are the same as mine but mine is still working!!

7. DesB

DesB Regular member

I woke up this morning expecting the box to have been blown in to pieces the way people were going on about it so much... so I was pleasently surprised!! and relieved to find no damage done to box or signal,maybay i was lucky, by leaving mine plugged in all night( I thought that would fool them as everyone else seemed to be unplugging them ) Ha! Ha! so who knows perhaps the way forward is to do what we always do...sit back relax and enjoy what you are watching and pay no heed to these muppets panicing over viruses been sent down a coax cable.. Was it the 1st of April yesterday ??????

and all is well in D15 no problems, I am off to work!!!

8. balcee

balcee Regular member

Channel TV1700 (the one that shows Wrestling/Boxing events
    My frequency - 427000/6952
    Starview 1 v7 - firmware 4.0

When I switch the channel on, it just gives me 'Data being updated' message in a continuous loop. I pick up every other single channel

I've tried deleting and rescanning, scanning on the frequency and any other combination I can think of - I'm out of ideas :-(

HELP!!!

9. helen21

helen21 Member

i cant get onto the menu because the password 1570 doesnt work!! is there any other password that could work???

10. bobeey3k

bobeey3k Regular member

try 2004 helen21,its wot i use....
    hope it works 4 ya!!

11. eirnsown

eirnsown Member

lads i need new codes

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

MAIN CODE PAGE IS UPDATED PLEASE USE IT AND DONT POST KEYS THANKS

13. martinme

martinme Regular member

just read on another forum 2 key changes in 15 mins in ireland

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Hi Martin yep we felt left out :)

15. dawnrider

dawnrider Member

there is talk of ntl sending virus down signal this weekend and we should disconnect box any one heard anything i have disconnected to be safe be warned

16. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you not seen all the other threads that have been closed because of that rubbish so be "warned".

17. liamgate

liamgate Member

i know yeah i heard that swell of my friend. im not sayin anything like but it could be true. jut stick around nd see what happens ill disconnect mine though!

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You're prerogative

19. liamgate

liamgate Member

yeah i suppose:) but i read back to the start of thsi thread and lioke im not gunna now. they wouldnt tell you tehy where going to do it.

Originally posted by CO19:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No there is no virus or anything like that being sent through the cable,pay no attention to these rumours
    i think co19 and fergus areright like!.

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Believe me I dont even usually answer these kind of rumours as there are real threads with real issues that need resolving, I have answered 100s of these in the past and just have no time for them anymore.