1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by inchjohn, Dec 5, 2007.

1. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

well i got mine sorted....i was doing the default key at the wrong step i think but all fixed now.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yep if stuck in a loop press default key first and then enter codes.

3. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

I have a eurovox max that is stuck on update although showing RTE 2 and CH 6. Anyone any suggestiond to get me up and running again?

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Wrong thread as this is for Starview. The EV autorolls so just put it on Sly Sports and let it. If you are still having problems, press menu, language settings,type 1968 TWICE on remote. You will now be in the key screen use the < or > button on the remote to get to your provider.

You can check your codes against the updated codes on the main codes page here.

5. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Yeah sorry about the wrong thread.
    I have done all that and entered the new codes I got from my Starview and they worked fine...however, I was concerned that the eurovox didn't auto roll like it normally does.
    Thanks for the help anywway, perhaps you could PM me off this thread if you had any suggestions as to why this happened.
    cheers
    John

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem I have sent you the info.

7. ed84

ed84 Member

codes seem to have gone down in Dublin yet again has anyone any new codes ???? Please

8. karljd

karljd Regular member

no code change this evening ,check that there is not a cable problem in your area.

9. balcee

balcee Regular member

Evening guys, I hope everyone is well. I have The Box with the following firmware.

THE BOX
    API ver : 4.51e
    Boot ver : 7.0

I get all the channels so no problems there. I ran another scan with v4.51 and noticed a whole host of new channels being picked up - unfortunately, they all display 'bad or scrambled channel'. My existing channels have remained intact.

I was just interested to know if there was anything I could do to pick up these new channels. I'm on TW in Birmingham.

Many thanks in advance.

Bal

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Maybe they are only placeholders for future channels or they were old TPs that had previous existing channels on them as I know telepest have been moving a lot around.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  11. balcee

balcee Regular member

cheers scouser - for a minute, I got all excited thinking i'd picked up a load more channels, ohwell...

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Ah but you never know I am just presuming :)

13. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

OLA....
    Heard a rumour,,,,,,
    n*l have splashed out on a system worth 20-30 million to sort the illegal boxes out !
    Any one have some feedback ?
    I c the same guys still putting the fires out !

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ya i will believe that when i see it happening more money wasted if they have as when it is sorted then the fun will begin again and we will be back up and running as before and then they will have to spend another 20 million to counter act that one really vicious circle really :) and nobody is the winner or the looser i think they should put their money in getting their services calls done first and get their staff some customer relations training on how to answer the phones that is when they get around to it maybe after being on hold for 2 hours first or service calls you can have a service call anytime as long as it is after 9am and before 5pm they should move with the times and have service calls done on a 24hr service and at a time to suit the customer the people that pay there wages not when it suits them

15. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

good complaint ferg...
    but is it true, I ask ??
    mmmmn .. who knows...
    I see u still playin a stormer !!

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

A sure what else would i be doing but they defo need to get them selves together just imagine if they ever do get the boxes switched off all their new customers who have the boxes will switch to Sky and then they will lose out again as at the moment there connections far out way there disconnections which will happen if they do switch off for good and they will have wasted 20 million for what other people to switch to sky

17. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

yea.too true..
    all the best mate...

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Not a bother nice to here from you dont be a stranger this is the only thing i could find on the upc issue

UPC Direct/Net Insight agreement
    The Stockholm-based video, voice and data networking equipment company Net Insight has announced that it will provide the UPC Direct digital DTH platform which currently operates in Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia, with a proprietary Nimbra Platform. This will be used to build a new backhaul and distribution network, capable of carrying multiple programme streams over DVB-ASI as well as Data over Ethernet, between UPC Direct’s regional markets. UPC Direct had a combined total of 209,200 subscribers in Central and Eastern Europe as of June 30 this year.

19. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

nothin to do with us...
    any word from eamo ?

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

No not a thing since the split dont know he just disapeared into thin air i dont think anybody has heard from him scouser is still about and celtic and martin drops in now and again but that is about it