1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by inchjohn, Dec 5, 2007.

1. tmohan

tmohan Member

Hi friend look like u r lost , how r u getting on with ur codes now is it working?

2. tmohan

tmohan Member

Hi Celtic , I just nought a new pvr ready the box and i need bit of help plez to install it, what do i have to do shall i just scan it as usal or what? thanx

3. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

The codes only went down in the uk so they are no use thanks anyway

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Just do the usual like your provider and then do your scan and foll the rest of this

Turning on the emu on the pvr

There is NO option to turn the emu on the PVR Version.
    Goto Menu/SystemSetup/Press the OK button when Parental Control is highlighted,
    then press i then press 2007, you should then be in the 'Cas System' Menu
    all you have to do in this menu is make sure the Autoupdate Option is On,(Bottom item) Thats all.

5. evertonia

evertonia Member

Hi Guys,

Got a problem with my starview box. When I turn it on, it goes through the procedure ok on the front of the box. i.e. flashing lights, says it's on, goes to a channelnumber ( 0001 ), then it goes to 0 on box. Can't get a picture or move anything on it with the remote. Just stuck on saying 0 on the box and no picture on screen. Anyone experienced this before????

6. che1y

che1y Member

does anybody know if the ricky hatton fight should come on the starview boxes tonight

7. kdjones

kdjones Member

Cheers Furg for the new codes>
    Ive looked on the PPV channels and its showing highlights of the boxing. Should we be able to get it tonight?
    Cheers....KY

8. shaun1970

shaun1970 Member

Hi guys its been a while.Just wondering if anyone knew if starview will be showing fight tonight if so what channel would i expect to find it on.Thanks in advance

9. dsloanwat

dsloanwat Member

Hi Guys . Any one know will Hatton fight be on any of the channels picked on N*l/ starvi*w in waterford Area .. also in a Dummys lingo how exactly do the PPV channels work . Thanks in advance

10. alanm90

alanm90 Member

Hi Guys, I've got an unusual problem and I wonder if anyone can help. I'm in Dublin and on N**. I have upgraded the Starview to API ver: 4.00e, Boot ver 7.0, 7th June 2007 and all went well.

Today I have lost some channels as follows: Nat. Geog. "No Signal!" is displayed on screen and the same with Sky Prem and Prem+1. Also there are no green signal indicators when I check the channel. I tried a re-install but there are no new channels showing up.

Anyone have any ideas how to get the channels back?
    Alanm.

11. geribhoy

geribhoy Guest

will the hatton fight b on a starview box ?

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Its a hardware fault.

1.Remove the cap (c21) electrolytic near the ribbon on the psu board.
    2.Boot the box , it should boot to on and function correctly , the psu will hum ignore it , just let it boot to ON ,then turn it back off.
    3.Replace electrolytic cap (c11) 1000 mic @10v on the psu board , resolder (c21)
    thats it done.

You can get caps from Maplins they can also be found on fleebay item No 110091935709.

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes you will find it on the PPV channel in Ireland or on the Events channel in the UK.

14. jimupc

jimupc Member

does anyone know if you can download the files onto the starview box without a serial port? i've been trying with a usb port from my computer to the serial port on the box and getting nowhere. can anyone help?

15. dilka04

dilka04 Member

can somebody help me please........cryingout for help.
    I bought a "UK PVR cable5000" box and struggling to tune it in.can somebody take me through step by step to tune it in.All I did so far is ,entered english language and on the next srceen , it gave me 6 opttions , starting with installation.....so on.when I entered installation ,it says unlock,what do I do ?...........can you please help me!

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ok you need 2 things this is the first one
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6
    this is the second
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=29968&DOY=17m6&tabs=n
    now when you get the installation disc put this on the laptop first befor connecting the usb cable then when the driver has loaded then put the usb cable in and you should be sorted

17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

You will need to go to the pvr section as not a lot of help on these boxes put a post in that link

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/521491

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

19. jimupc

jimupc Member

I already have the cable and software loaded but each time i attempt a download of the necessary bin files i receive the same message "serial port not found". could you explain this?

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ya i was not 100% about them as i did say as nobody came back with them to me so i will update them now thanks

Ok they are sorted now

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2007