1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by inchjohn, Dec 5, 2007.

1. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Are you using a usb or what are you using

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Cheers Ferg ;)

3. nicknock

nicknock Member

no still cant get any channels apart from bbc itv chan 4 & 5 cbbees tryed what some one said go into menu factory restore type in 1668 press ok turn box off for 1 min and start again sinse that 1668 went in i cant get the other channels and woud like to watch ricky fight can any one help

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

1 go to menu press factory reset put in 0000 press ok

2 Turn box off and then back on at main switch

3 language accept english or whatever you want

4 installation put your provider in here on the top auto scan

5 wait till the scan is finished even if you see failed a few times

6 when the channels are found exit out to main tv screen

7 Press menu and put 1570 into the keypad turn the emu on

8 Exit out 3 times and put the channel on to sky sports 1 and wait for the box to update the codes might go as far as 250% dont change the channel while it is updating or you will be starting from scratch

5. nicknock

nicknock Member

i have done what you said there is no sky sports channels on satanta sports 123 but no sky sports

6. nicknock

nicknock Member

tried satanta sports info on screen scrambled ur bad channel

7. jimupc

jimupc Member

Yes I have a USB 232 converter to the serial RS232 port on the starview and the driver software is loaded onto the PC.

8. boro07

boro07 Guest

Hi everyone,

New to this but i have just bought a starview box and i though i managed to set it uo correctly but when i turned from the normal channels other channels did not work and tryed to update but just continued doing so and did not come on. I noticed it is the channels with the $ which do not work. Can anyone help? plzzz !!

9. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Press Menu then 1570 and turn the EMU key ON

10. decius001

decius001 Member

Hi, new to this forum as I only purchased a box about to weeks ago. It was working fine when I first connected it, followed the instructions that I received with the box. It has stopped workiing now, though, and I can't even ge out of the menu to see whether or not I am doing anything right. I reset to factory settings, and tried to follow the instructions again, but it is not finding any channels using the default keys for NTL in the Dublin area. As far as I now, it is not a clone; the software is version 4, updated on the 7th of June. I was wondering whether or not I have done something wrong, because before I went near the menu the box was saying there was no signal. I initially wrote it off due to the weather, but I get channels if the cable is connected directly to the TV. Anyone any ideas?

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Just follow this instructions and you will be sorted

Also if you see a message on the screen saying NO SIGNAL that has nothing to do with the box it is a cable problem so leave the box alone and check the cable in your tv first

1 Main cable from provider to CABLE INPUT not antenna in

2 Scart from BOX to TV from the connection that says TV

These are the only 2 connections you need make sure your scart lead is plugged into the either ext1 or av1

Now next thing turn box on then accept language

Then into installation select your provider NTL or whoever you use

then do a auto scan and wait for it to finish even if you see failed a few times that is ok do not stop let it finish completely

when channels are found exit out to main tv screen

then back to menu press 1570 on key pad then turn the EMU on

exit out 3 times to main tv screen and put the box on to the skysports 1 channel and wait for it to update the codes you will see a box with % sign in it wait for that to finish and your tv will come on

do not change the channel while this is been done or the code will have to start all over again at 0 % so patients is needed this % could go as high as 250%

Let me know how you get on with this

YOU CAN ONLY USE A SCART LEAD TO CONNECT TO TV NO OTHER CABLE WILL WORK OK

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2007
  12. bosco81

bosco81 Guest

Fergusb tried to pm you but must be doing something wrong looking for what to do for cho**s in kildare a pal of mine bought one but wont work any ideas?

13. lov3ly

lov3ly Member

hi need some input as to weither or not im putin in the right codes seen 2 diff sets of codes for t pest. unfortunately neither of dem work.

00-F8 DB 11 88 E9 7A B7 D9
    01-D1 BE 23 E7 7B 45 91 75

00-4A 56 C3 4E 55 FC CB 14
    01-0B 0D FC 37 7E BF FE 13

CHECK EMU IS ON AND IT IS RE SCANED EVERYTHING AND STILL NO JOY AT THE MO IT SAYS DATA IS BEING UPDATED.

14. youngdavo

youngdavo Member

codes must have changed again today.if anyone has telepest codes i'd be much oblidged

15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Turn your box off at the back and back on again and see if this sorts it self out

ALSO IF YOU ALL PUT THE UPDATING FIRMWARE ON YOUR BOXES THIS WOULD NOT BE HAPPENING AS THE CODE WOULD AUTOROLL THEMSELVES

16. marleymuk

marleymuk Member

anyone got codes for telewest ?

17. lov3ly

lov3ly Member

witched it of n back on :( no joy still ...

how do u install the firmware?!?

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

If you go to the eko site on the bottom of my post you will find all the information on how to update your box including all the firmware you require as well and the tutorials as well

19. invoice

invoice Member

Hi Fergusrb

Does the new firmware update work on Clone boxes

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Yes use the firmware that is marked V2.57eu_fixed it should be in the starview section ok

This will work on both genuine and clone boxes as i have it on mine for the last 6 months with no problems