1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview \ Clone Boxes Outputs - Scart \RGB Scart

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by nme_uk, Aug 22, 2007.

1. nme_uk

nme_uk Member

Hi all,

can anybody tell me, does the clone starview box output rgb scart or normal scart? The reason i ask is i want to have the best feed possible from the starview box to my tv, and understand that rgb scart is better than normal scart, but i need a specific cable.

Can anyone also tell me, whats the best quality output I can get from the Starview box to my tv? Is it likely to be scart?

Thanks all

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry to say yes it is scart.

3. nme_uk

nme_uk Member

Thanks Sc0user - managed to find the below link to specs which suggest that the starview clone outputs rgb scart as well as normal scart, which is a good thing - apparently rgb scart is better then the normal scart and will give a better picture when using a specific rgb scart cable.

http://www.satellite-receiver.cn/sdp/352781/2/md-1644755/2219651.html

hope that helps.

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thanks for that, although if it is a clone dont expect it to improve your picture quality to much.

5. nme_uk

nme_uk Member

Hi Sc0user - is that really the case? I suspect as much - the build quality of the device and likely the components used are probably low end - would that be a sound assumption?

Also, does the original or perhap the new 'The Box' starview receivers offer better quality components and essentially, picture?

Or are those likely low end and cheap too?

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

The new box has the same insides as the starview only different name that is all

7. nme_uk

nme_uk Member

Hi fergus, thanks for the quick response - so does that suggest that the original starbox as budget components then?

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

If you want a decent box you will have to pay for it like dreambox or eurovox or nokiaDbox all of these are the bast available to my knowledge

The starview is the end of the line boxes cheap and easy to use to the lay person + easy to set up so you dont get all the bells and whistles on that box ok

9. nme_uk

nme_uk Member

Thanks Fergus, that makes complete sense, and to be honest, the starview box is great in every respect - I'm just curious as to whether I can get a better picture thats all, as I have quite a grainy picture at the moment, and don't know if its my cable, the VirginMedia Feed or the box.

I think i'll try a better quality rgb scart cable first and see how that goes. :)

Thanks for all your help!

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Gold tip scartlead will do the job not a cheap one ok better quality picture and sound ok