1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview clone new fixed files

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by starview0, Apr 11, 2008.

1. malci

malci Guest

The codes you will find in the link at the bottom, both NTHell and Cho**s rolled to night.

2. malci

malci Guest

Can confirm for you that the version date does not change, reason being it is that version - ver: APR 4.00 dated 7th June 2007 that has been modified to cope with auto-roll - if you want to check if it works/or satisfy yourself that you did successfully flash to the modded version - go into Nagravision and press OK on Default and exit to encrypted channel and watch it update.

3. J4OONER

J4OONER Member

Thanks Malci

You have just reasured me of the flash being done correctly, Thanks again

4. evozza

evozza Member

i am not sure if i have a clone?it has 13x7 vents and i am 50-50 on the clone picsand what make a clone.the system info shows me STAR View API ver :4.00e_E boot ver:7.0 7.jun 2007.
    if this is a first gen can i update it so I dont need to input code manully, I have not posted before and i am sorry if i have done something wrong in asking about an old post. I apreciate any help.thanks

5. malci

malci Guest

Glad to be of assistance.

6. malci

malci Guest

That is a 1st generation and can be updated (have you or someone else had it a while :) anyway rest assured it is genuine update with Cryptstar_V_1.4 Genuine Only it will be fine, get it here >>>>>>>>>>
    Eamo's FTA Library http://eko.4shared.com/

7. evozza

evozza Member

Thank you very much,I feel much better knowing it is real. I got it six months ago. I have read some previous posts and I presume the update can be applied the way as the others, null modem cable,gtrom loader v4 is that right.

Your a Legend

8. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

to flash a starview box do you need a null modem cable. i have an rs232 but it won't work.

9. malci

malci Guest

Yes you need a NULL MODEM cable the cables are similar to the eye but a straight serial is useless for the job, this is what you need >

NULL MODEM CABLE DB9F to DB9F
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

If your pc does not have a serial port you will need a USB to serial port adapter to use in conjunction with the null modem cable.

USB Adapter
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Modu...erial Adaptor

These two cable links are only for reference as they can be purchased alot cheaper on fleabay.

Hope this clarifies the situation for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2008
  10. malci

malci Guest

Yes exactly, go a head, Cheers:)

11. sterobbo

sterobbo Member

12. malci

malci Guest

A NULL MODEM lead is called an rs232, but there is two types and one is a straight serial cable, so if you successfully flashed then you have the correct NULL MODEM cable, so no need for any more confusion.

13. sterobbo

sterobbo Member

Thanks Malci

14. malci

malci Guest

Your welcome ste. it's just that a lot of confusion is caused by the mention of RS232 cable and not clarifying that it is a NULL MODEM, even the guy's in maplins are giving the wrong cable most of the time, and suppliers who send out a cable with the boxes simply refer to it a RS232 but at least they do give the correct cable, good luck and Cheers :)

15. sterobbo

sterobbo Member

Top man we'd be lost without you guys that's why I can't understand it when us newbies question your superiour knowledge, keep it up great forum site and top advisors :-0

16. eso1967

eso1967 Member

can any 1 help me out i have lost 2 film channels and the disney channels and 2 kids channels pls help thanks my box is a star veiw

17. sonyadaly

sonyadaly Member

Hi Malci,

I recieved all your info. Thanks for that. I'm just not very computer literate and was wondering if you or anybody you know does the upgrading for people. Let me know. I'm going bonkers!

18. ganscu

ganscu Member

sorry where can i find the codes

19. dede36

dede36 Guest

sorry does any1 ave da codes for the box please

20. hardcore7

hardcore7 Member

all right lads fair play to all, for all the help and keep up the good work, some of my family bought on clone sv units on ebay. i have check that they are cloned only 18 vents scarts on opp side. and i opened them up to. i was looking on this site thinking about the jtag option but think thats way over my head. so i came across this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.ie/Eurovox-Solder-F...ryZ39804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    I was just wondering if any one knew any thing about this