1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview clone new fixed files

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by starview0, Apr 11, 2008.

1. yamin05

yamin05 Guest

hi can any 1 tel me what will happen

i have a starview 1 clone but running on 4.00ee jun 2007 if i loaded the new update 1.4core400 what will happen

as i have did one its been on for 5 days and still working and its still running on 4.00ee jun 2007 with auto roll ,

is tis safe

2. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Here's something I posted in 2 other threads, please read carefully;

Just a word of advice to all those who have a starview that looks like a clone, but has 3.00 or 4.00 firmware loaded.

I took a copy of the 2.57eE_FIXED firmware, and changed it, don't worry, I only did this at home as a test. It was changed to report the version as 5.00, and had a release date of 18 Apr 2008.

I loaded it to the SV, went into System Info, and guess what, it showed up as exactly that, ver. 5.00 and date as 18 Apr 2008.

Now, imagine I am a seller of clone boxes, and the word is out that clones cannot have the latest firmware releases, 3.00 and 4.00. What am I going to do? I know, I'll modify the clone safe firmware so that it looks exactly the same as the genuine firmware when someone looks at the System Information in the menu.

Just be aware that this may be what has happened with your box. I don't know if this has been reported anywhere, but as in the bit above, if I was a clone seller, the game would have been up, so guess what I would have done.

Just be very careful what firmware you put on your starview.

I'm not trying to be a scaremonger, and as stated before, I don't sell boxes of any description, so I have nothing to gain. I just don't want people killing their boxes.

3. mandyfr

mandyfr Member

Hi guys,

NTL down in irealnd anyone got codes by any chance?

4. hipdoblon

hipdoblon Member

hi eamo i was just about 2 ask the same question as above about svclone showing version 4.00 e boot version 7 , 7th june 07 with the new v 1.4 core 2.57 added , my question was , will it autoroll and update on its own or will it be back 2 sq 1 2mor as this is the 1st sv clone i've flashed , regards alan

5. lori378

lori378 Member

N*L IRELAND 22nd April

00 = 18 77 7F AF BF A1 1F 77

01 = DB A1 BF E8 56 D3 BE 85

:)

6. jacksmam

jacksmam Member

00 - 18 77 7F AF BF A1 1F 77
    01 - DB A1 BF E8 56 D3 BE 85

Working for me

7. jockspud

jockspud Member

Lori378 - thanks for the quick updates

8. lori378

lori378 Member

no probs :) lol

9. hipdoblon

hipdoblon Member

hi again i flashed the clone with 1.4 core 257 1 hr ago and it auto updated on its eventually but its gone again since latest code change and won't autoroll now , any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i have 6 more 2 do .

10. BIZYLIZ

BIZYLIZ Member

Have cloned box & running 257ee_api_fixed.bin which I loaded in Jan 08. Would downloading current one of same name help the codes from changing or is this the safest firmware to be using.

Changing almost every day now, before maybe only once a month and becoming a pain.

Any advice

11. malci

malci Guest

Yes yamin05, take notice of what eamo has posted, it was common knowledge that the original clones (going back last year) all eventually died with any firmware over API ver: 2.60eE. that is why, when the auto=roll went on the 2.57eE the original 2.57FIXED modded for clones was brought out - it has pussled me when I have read posts of clones running 3.00eE and 4.00eE !!!! it's not rocket science as eamo has pointed out, so really if you say it is a clone then ypu should treat it as a clone.

12. malci

malci Guest

Hi, the 2.57 has been modded again for the clones and it is now called CryptStar-1.4-Core257Bin with full auto-roll, that is the one you need to change to, it is in eamo's library Starview folder 7th down into firmware and it is there - load that and all will be well.

Eamo's FTA Library http://eko.4shared.com/

13. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Logging off now to watch the 2nd half in peace LOL

STARVI*W CODES PAGE 1 UPDATED AS 8:45 PM

14. malci

malci Guest

What area and provider are you.

15. BIZYLIZ

BIZYLIZ Member

Thanx - will try that and hopefully better than what is on it. Get so confused reading through all threads and figuring out which is safest!

16. hipdoblon

hipdoblon Member

ntl dublin

17. malci

malci Guest

Scrub that post - turned out to be a slow auto-roll in Dublin area.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2008
  18. Cass27

Cass27 Member

I git a usb adaptor for the null modem cable today and it doesnt seem to be working. It says its for RS-232 cables. Shoould this work with the null modem or do I need a completely different adaptor thanks

19. hipdoblon

hipdoblon Member

no malci i have a ev v5 and it auto rolled fine after last update but sv clone was just goin 2 200 % and starting at 0 % again and when i flashed it earlier , it took 25 mins 2 update and it went 2 500 % before it worked , i was wondering is it normal 4 the sv clone 2 take this long ?

20. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Have you installed the driver for the usb adapter. It should have come with one, if not, search on google and download. If you have, there are 2 types of adapter, uni-directional and bi-directional. The uni-directional one will only your pc/laptop to talk to the the box, but the bi-directional allows the pc/laptop and box to talk to each other, as far as I know, it needs to be the bi-directional type.