1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview clone new fixed files

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by starview0, Apr 11, 2008.

1. evertonia

evertonia Member

Thanx Scouser. I know this is a daft question but how many times is a few times. I tried it at least a dozen times. Is my theory that there is something wrong with the rs232 socket at the back of the box way off beam? BTW have used Cryptstar 257. Actually, I was transferring that file from one clone to another using s/w transfer. it flashed the box ok saying download complete but when it rebooted it went to flashing green light sequence and has been like that ever since.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If your genuine box flashed OK with the same null modem lead then that is fine. During the bad flash method you should see "Flash Burning" in Gtromloader near the end of the process.

3. Magoo1973

Magoo1973 Regular member

hi guys can anyone tell me if there is a fix for a clone starview so it will auto roll. I am nearly sure it is a clone cause i have a genuine box and it is totally different. The suspected clone has 257ee software on it if anyone can help it will be appreciated

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You will need version CryptStar-v1.4-Core257.bin firmw@re for CLONES found in "Starvi*w" firmw@re folder.

5. Magoo1973

Magoo1973 Regular member

thanks celtic

6. pandabelf

pandabelf Member

i have clone starview box with software 2.57e_E boot ver 7.0 16 aug 2006, what kind of updated software is recommend for my box

thanks

7. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

You will need version CryptStar-v1.4-Core257.bin firmware for CLONES found in "Starvi*w" firmware folder.

Have a look at the update files under my signature in the starview file

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  8. mbee123

mbee123 Member

Just tried updating my clone starview as they are changing the keys too frequently for my liking, downloaded latest clone software CryptStar-v1.4-Core257.bin from from Eamos library and loaded it with GTRom ok but it does not appear to auto update, when I look in main menu system info it is showing 2.57e_E Boot ver 7:0 16 Aug 2006, any help much appreciated...

Will be back later as I also have a Eurovox Max V (black) that I would like to get autoupdating also, any pitfalls here I should be wary of (clones etc)

Cheers...

9. malci

malci Guest

It will show that date in System Information, that is the file that was modded to AU, go to Sly Sports 1 - press Menu,1570 and press Set Default Key and exit back out to TV to test - as regards the Max V 2008, use the 18 04 08 Kuro firmware, all available in Eamo's FTA Library at the bottom of my post, more info. go to this link >>>>>>>>
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/653745

10. mbee123

mbee123 Member

Thanks v much Malci, yes it worked, still puzzled why it didn't work without 'set default key', it was just sitting there updating, does this setting change it from manual keys ??

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Just needs a kick start sometimes ;) Although I have noticed some areas of the UK in the last day or two are taking a while to kick in. Not only on Starviews but all other boxes also, something to have a look at ;)

12. malci

malci Guest

As scOuser has stated, it does need a Kickstart now and then, when you Set Default key it just scrambles the keys and then updates them, depending on what/if your firmware is still autorolling - and again (scOuser's quote) it is happening now and then on the Eurovox in UK, taking longer to update in some parts - hence the Sly Sports 1 tip. :) Cheers