1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview clone new fixed files

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by starview0, Apr 11, 2008.

1. hag1983

hag1983 Guest

did u update it with the"clone" file.

2. hazbin24

hazbin24 Member

No, i've never updated it (as far as i know!)

3. hazbin24

hazbin24 Member

4. hazbin24

hazbin24 Member

5. hag1983

hag1983 Guest

r u manually putting the codes in?? think thats safer 4 now. i read a guy say he loaded the clone file to his box andit doesnt work anymore.

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

"shakes head"

7. hazbin24

hazbin24 Member

Manual all the way

8. hag1983

hag1983 Guest

your right m8. im gonna wait a while and c if they bring 1 out 4 the clone. i got a starview 2 for my mum a month ogo and hers is fine> i might buy 1 of them.

9. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Look guys, listen to what MICKAH is telling you. Do not use any firmware for the clones, until it has been declared safe by a trusted source, we all know who they are.
    Also, the updated clone firmware will not be put onto the eko site until it has been declared safe by on of the usual suspects. If I see something uploaded there before that, it will be deleted.

To the new members. We went through all this last year. I personally tried version 4 on a clone last year, and it took about a day and half to kill it, if I remember right. It took some boxes up to 3 or 4 days to die. So, as Mickah says, just 'cos it's working for you now, doesn't mean it won't die. Until a confirmed safe firmware version is released, you should go back to the old 2.57 fixed version. Yes I know it's a pain in the ass to keep looking for codes, but it's easier and quicker than building your own jtag cable to revive your clone.

Also, last year, someone was releasing clone killing firmware, using sunrise' name to discredit him. If this carries on, he'll pack it all in, and we'll all have to go and replace our clones. I know the SV isn't the best box around it, but it works.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  10. hag1983

hag1983 Guest

i was gonna load it in last night but after reading what u guys are saying im defo not gonna do it. i'll hold off till its declared safe. people were saying it was safe last night but obviously not the right people.

11. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

The people telling you its ok, it is usally an agenda,

12. hag1983

hag1983 Guest

looks like it. i think the guy i was just talking 2 is the first victim. his box wont turn on and he loaded it to his box only last night. thank god i never did it

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

sorry to hear....... but like anything else, if its sounds to good it is.

I posted a thread with pics of clone box and genuine, just to refresh peoples memorys on what they have, if you can direct them to that thread, save them some heart ache.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/651563

14. madapple

madapple Member

yep your right guys guess ill wait as well, but i still cant work out why my SV wont work with the codes i manually input this morning, the same codes worked on my EuroV but not on SV, if i could update them i would be happy doing that every day for ever if thats wat it took

15. dede36

dede36 Guest

Hi there Im looking for some advice, I downladedt eh crypt file for my s/v and the Grom 4 loader, windows wont let me read the files can someone suggest what I need to do to resolve the issue. Any help is appreciated, thanx guy's

16. house39

house39 Member

just my advice do not put clone fix on your box it will kill it..its api ver 400ee i have kill boxes with this ..but u done have 2 take my advice..good luck 2 all

17. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Hey madapple, with the SV, you need press OK after you change the code. So, supposing they changed both the 00 and 01 codes, you would go in, change the 00, then press OK. Go up, select 01, then make your changes to that key, then press OK. Same applies if you only change one of the codes. Once you have it changed, press OK to store it.

18. madapple

madapple Member

yep done that, i have been updating all week, except yesterday as i was out till late, just today it wont work

codes entered as below

00=6f 9b a2 32 50 67 36 57
    01=6a 90 5c 97 67 cd a8 91

as stated these worked on my eurovox sweet

19. bosco81

bosco81 Guest

When you dowload for the genuine boxes how do you unrar the file?

20. madapple

madapple Member

go to download.com and free download rarfrog it will open it for you