1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview clone new fixed files

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by starview0, Apr 11, 2008.

1. ed84

ed84 Member

hi has anyone got any codes for N** dublin the codes from yday dont seem to be working

2. barts2

barts2 Regular member

any news on the clone firmware lads is it safe or will i wait cheers

3. peeved

peeved Member

Hi guys, I know there is a fix out but I can't attach my starview to my laptop to update. Would anyine have the up to date codes I really wanna watch the footie tonight and need to get this going again. I am NTL Wicklow region, original box. Would really appreciate help here :)

4. peeved

peeved Member

Defo work, just got them.

00 = 9E BA 8F BC FC BC 8A 88
    01 = 1D 89 F3 8C C4 DC 03 CB

5. barts2

barts2 Regular member

wat works peeved the new clone firmware ??

6. ed84

ed84 Member

Thanks peeved those codes worked for me

7. starview0

starview0 Member

DID THE CODES CHANGE AT WEEKEND ???

8. peeved

peeved Member

No those manual codes I posted.

9. starview0

starview0 Member

well judging by thaty my information is 100% correct......my clone box is working fine with file.....there are no code changes at weekends....true.

10. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Buddy, I dont know who the hell your trying to kid, the codes changed over the weekend and can change at any time, they changed at least 3 during the Utd v Arsenal alone, So you can drop the newbie act mate, its washing thin

If people are stupid enough to ignore the advise given, then so be it.

But you have been warned by fergus, eamo, myself what is going to happen to your box and its been explained clearly.

11. dede36

dede36 Guest

I have to agree the codes here in Dublin cahnged a couple of times yesterdqay during the utd match, so whoever said the codes dont change at weekends are wrong

12. barts2

barts2 Regular member

Mickah is right they changed about 4 times yesterday my phone was hopin

13. realblock

realblock Member

thanks for all the work you senior members do here,everyone i know has different type boxes,and so far ive updated all them,but the clone merchants have me head wrecked,and i deffo ain't lisening to starview0,but wondered if there is any sign of a real clone firmware arriving.

14. sterobbo

sterobbo Member

I echo thie sentiment yoy seniors are stars and help us loads, why not listen to them in this time of need

15. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

While all the arguing is going on about clone safe firmware updates, the ability for all to upload files to the eko site has been stopped.
    DOWNLOADING is still obviously available.
    This is purely to stop anyone from uploading a fake clone safe firmware for starviews. When the real firmware is released, you will see it announced here by one of the trusted few, and it will be uploaded to eko.

At this point, everyone has been warned about the fake file. If you still want to download it, go ahead. When your clone dies, go and scream at the newbies who gave you the link to the file on rapidshare ( you know who they are, I'm not naming names yet ). Contrary to what he and others say, myself and the others telling you not to use this file, do not sell these boxes, or any boxes for that matter, so what have I got to gain by telling you to wait for a few days or weeks maybe, then safely update your firmware.
    It is more likely that the people telling you to use this supposedly clone safe are the ones who are selling boxes, and want you to kill your box.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  16. stanleeds

stanleeds Guest

Got to say a big thanks for all the good advice and support that this forum has offered over these last few hectic days - been a bit of a baptism of fire for me - managed to update by genuine box and every thing hunky dory - thats the good news! My friend has (what I belive to be a clone- counted the vents) and I thought I helped him with flashing it with the clone fix - it all worked for him to. i then started panicking after reading about the origins of the clone fix and offered to flash back to v2.57 (or whatever it is) he tells me that it was originially came with the v4.0 firmware back in November). Am I right in thinking that this cannot be a Clone box then if it's had this firmware on for so long but possibly a 1st generation SV? and if so would it be safe to keep the clone fix on it as it is just the genuine SV fix renamed?
    It's still working for him and don't think he is too bothered if it crash's as he plans to get another anyway but I am curious - anyone shed any light?

Great site!!

17. sonyadaly

sonyadaly Member

I think my box is an original. It has 25 vents with the scart on the right looking from the front but it just says THE BOX on it so i'm confussed. Can anyone help and can it be updated so i don't have to manually input codes. I'm totally ignorant to all this. I would appreciate if anyone can take the time to explain as if to a child.

Thanks

18. malci

malci Guest

Hi stanleeds, Yes you are correct in that the original API ver.V.400 of 7th June 2007 is the firmware that has been modded to auto-roll etc. and I have seen several posts of people stating that their clones came pre-loaded with V4.00 and been working 7 months which I must admit puzzled me, but having said that - if your friend is to bothered, well fine, it's now a waiting game, - but if the vents on case are 7x18 then it is definately a clone. The clones I have come across would not cope with anything over V.2.60. but there you go.

19. malci

malci Guest

That is known as Starview 2 The Box, and you need to go into Menu - Down to System Information and press OK to see what firmware is on it.

20. sonyadaly

sonyadaly Member

it says API ver: 4.00-E

Boot ver: 7.0