1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview clone new fixed files

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by starview0, Apr 11, 2008.

1. malci

malci Guest

Depending on where you are you should upgrade to ver: 4.50 Ireland ver: 4.51 UK there is further updated firmware but I personally find these more stable and reliable and they do auto-update, you will find them in here >>>

Eamo's FTA Library http://eko.4shared.com/

2. sonyadaly

sonyadaly Member

how do i upgrade?

3. malci

malci Guest

Hi sonyadaly, Sorry I should have stated that you will also find plenty of information on how to upgrade the box in documentation, click on starview first and then documentation and download the Starview Guide pdf. file, click back and you will get the firmware from The Box, but would advise you to get that guide - print off and read if you have never flashed a box before - you need a NULL MODEM CABLE and possibley a usb to serial adaptor if your PC does not have the correct port to take the 9 pin female connection.

Updating Firmware

Connect your box and PC with a Null modem cable and switch on the cable box and put it on STANDBY.
    (The Starview does not need to be connected to TV to update it with GTROM)

Open GTROM Loader software make sure that you set the correct COM PORT
    that matches the one that is being used

Make sure App file only is selected, then click Bin File & browse to the firmware where you downloaded it to on your PC.

Run the GTROM loader by pressing Download and you will see the % progress increase
    then Download completed message on your PC.
    Wait until you see the DOWNLOAD COMPLETE pop up on your PC before
    removing the NULL MODEM CABLE. The Starview will then reboot

Disconnect from PC and connect back up to the TV

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2008
  4. dede36

dede36 Guest

Hi there can someone help ,me out, I downloaded the firmware for s/v wont windows wont let me open it, can anyone advise on what to download so I can open it, I have the same prob with the Grom 4 loader because its a "bin file". Any advice appreciated thanx in advance.

5. malci

malci Guest

You need to extract them go back to eko site and down winrar35.exe and use that to extract the firmware and the loader.

Eamo's FTA Library http://eko.4shared.com/

6. malci

malci Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2008
  7. dede36

dede36 Guest

Thanx again malci you have great patience

8. malci

malci Guest

Your welcome dede36, hope you manage okay, just take your time, I am off for the night now Cheers :)

9. Foz_Bham

Foz_Bham Member

hiya everyone. Ive read through all the comments and replies over the last 2 weeks. But have a dilema not asked on here.

i downloaded the v4.00 to my genuine starview box and then entered the codes and it worked upuntill yesterday. It just froze on me. Tried re-installing the new firmware software and it works up untill i get the bit to autointall channels and it freezes. Tried other software and with that it comes on for a minute and then goes off and then comes back on.

What software do i need to install or is it ready for the skip. Can anyone help. Thanks

10. xyz103

xyz103 Guest

Hi,

Can you please tell me step by step process to enter codes in my Sta* Vi** box? I am from east london...

I did below steps:

a) Got codes from mac toolbar or from this forum for tele****

b) Turn off EMU key

c) Go to navigasion and enter codes for key 00

d) Store

e) Change key to 01 and enter code for 01

f) Store & Exit

g) Turn ON EMU key.

and Still no luck.

Am I missing any steps? Do I need to do Factory reset or default key before I input codes?

Appreciate your help.

Thx,
    Ami

11. tryabit

tryabit Guest

codes can change anytime why are u telling people they dont change weekends thats a load of c..p

12. dezzerbfc

dezzerbfc Member

Some people on here really really wind me up! Absolutely no brains at all! Senior members on here have consistantly been giving excellent sound advice on every problem that's ever surfaced on these boxes. Why would people choose to ignore them!

I for one am manually inputting my codes until such time as our senior guys and they know who they are tell me there is a clone friendly fix! I trusted them the last time when the 2.57 e_e was released (which incidentally has been running on my box with no problems at all for months) and i will trust them again!

13. xyz103

xyz103 Guest

Please help!!
    Hi,

Can you please tell me step by step process to enter codes in my Sta* Vi** box? I am from east london...

I did below steps:

a) Got codes from mac toolbar or from this forum for tele****

b) Turn off EMU key

c) Go to navigasion and enter codes for key 00

d) Store

e) Change key to 01 and enter code for 01

f) Store & Exit

g) Turn ON EMU key.

and Still no luck.

Am I missing any steps? Do I need to do Factory reset or default key before I input codes?

Appreciate your help.

Thx,
    Ami

14. malci

malci Guest

To input keys manually :

press menu
    press 1570. (this takes you into secret menu)
    Press OK on "nagravision"
    Make sure your cable provider is listed at top N*L or T***WEST C&W CHO**S etc
    Go down to "Key Number" and check its on 00
    Go down again to "Key Data" and input the correct keys
    Press OK to store
    Go back up "Key Number" and change to 01 using the > button on the remote control
    Go back down again to "Key Data" and input the correct keys
    Press OK to store
    Press "Exit" , Check the bottom option and make sure "Key EMU" is On
    Press Ok again
    Then "Exit and "Exit" again back to the main tv screen
    Then go to a paid channel and should update .

You appear to be doing the correct procedure, just make sure you choose your provider, by the way it is not necessary to turn off the Key EMU, just check that it is on when you complete the procedure.

15. xyz103

xyz103 Guest

Thanks Malci

I have already tried steps which you have written. But no luck.

In few posts on this website, I read about resetting factory setting before entering code. Is that mandatory step?

Can anyone help me?

16. malci

malci Guest

Only applies when you do a full installation/scan, are you sure that you are entering the correct provider and correct key's, what key's are you using and are you V****n Me**a Telepest NTL or ex CW.

17. Alank123

Alank123 Regular member

can someone hepl me with this question please???,

a lad i work with wants to get a starview 3, he's on ch*** and has a aerial on the roof, will the box work?

18. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Simply No , he needs THE B0X-T which is only for Chor*s MMDS

19. Alank123

Alank123 Regular member

Thanks Celtic

20. barts2

barts2 Regular member

no only the box t works on chorus mmds my mate has sum if u need 1