1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Clone or Real ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by freedom3, May 29, 2007.

1. freedom3

freedom3 Member

Hi all just thought I would start by saying what a great site this is.
    Ok as the subject says but on reading about this I am still a bit unsure of what I have, the box I have is the small version thats if you have seen the pictures of clone and real boxes but my remote is the real picture I have the box running with version 2.59e_E Jan 29. the box is freezing sometimes but not to much to be honest but before I upgrade the software I need to know if it is a clone or not as I might as well use it until it stops with updating the keys until I have no option as if it is a clone I presume it will die ? If it is not a clone the software 3.0 is supposedly freezing just now also I have read. Thanks for any feedback on this and keep up the great work on here.

2. steo46

steo46 Regular member

sounds like you have a genuine first generation starview. version 3.00 firmware should be safe to use on this.

3. freedom3

freedom3 Member

Thanks Steo46 just a thought have you or do you know anyone running 3.0 ? If so is it freezing occasionally ?
    Thanks again

4. steo46

steo46 Regular member

I tried it the day it was released. had to flash back to 257 as it was unwatchable.

5. freedom3

freedom3 Member

Ok mate cheers I will wait until the key codes stops working or the update is fixed before I update the main thing was wether my box was Cloned or not but as you say it looks real thanks for the help and advice.