1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview digital box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by rozza1, Feb 22, 2007.

1. rozza1

rozza1 Member

HiFriends,I have several tv in different rooms in the house.All are connected with coax.When I used my NTL BOX I could view NTL on every TV because I could tune via RF cable on seperate channel and used scart for the usual dvd etc.I am unable to do this using my STARIEW BOX.Can anyone help please.Thanks

Dave

2. sajbyjaan

sajbyjaan Member

Try using the Cable Out output from the back of the box and distribute the signal in the normal manner.
    You can also feed the scart cable into VCR and obtain a feed in other rooms.

3. rozza1

rozza1 Member

Hi frnd.I will try your suggestions and get back to you.Tks

Dave

4. rozza1

rozza1 Member

Hi frnd.Have tried your suggestions but to no avail.

Dave

5. sajbyjaan

sajbyjaan Member

Ok here is my set up and I am distributing the signal around the house. I have the scart out from my *view connected to the VCR. I have the channel L1 selected from my VCR as the source signal, thats Line 1 for Scart connection with *view box, I then just distibute this signal via a distribution apmplifier to all the other room tvs where the channel tuned in for vcr is seleted to obtain the picture. It works fine for me. Hope it helps. Regards.

6. rozza1

rozza1 Member

Sorry to be a pain.I am using dvd recorder not vcr.When I tune in for some strange reason it picks up ITV2 only.Should I use cable out from starview into tv input to dvd then distribute from there ?

Dave

7. sajbyjaan

sajbyjaan Member

You should be able to relicate my setup with a DVD recorder instead of the VCR as long as your DVD recoredr has the necessary SCART connections and most importantly supports an RF output. Then just select the source signal on your DVD Recorder for the *view box and distribute the signal as mentioned in my previous post.
    Try to use another RF channel ie 55 or something for *view box from the installation/setup menu to get rid of any interference or overlap of channels.

8. rozza1

rozza1 Member

Hi frnd
    I have tried your suggestions but still no joy.With my NTL box my dvd recorder would tune via scart and also via rf.So I had channels
    1 to 5 plus cable on channel six and also cable vis scart.When I try to do the same with Starview I can only view cable via scart.This is no good because I need to view cable via rf to distribute through out the house.My dvd does have the required connections.I am connecting properly ?

9. rozza1

rozza1 Member

Hi frnd
    Do I use the cable out connection from starview into rf in on my dvd recorder.Then rf out into distribution box ?

10. williemcf

williemcf Member

i had to get another scart lead so that i could copy dvds from my starview box hope that helps you

11. sajbyjaan

sajbyjaan Member

Ok friend send me your email and i will enclose a sketch showing my working setup.

12. rozza1

rozza1 Member

Hi frnd

davidrozze@btinternet.com

Tks vm

Dave

13. sajbyjaan

sajbyjaan Member

A sketch showing my setup is on its way to you. Hope it all works out.