1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW DIGITAL BOX

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by 140851IAN, Feb 7, 2008.

1. balcee

balcee Regular member

Thanks scouser. And here I was thinking I was being clever...oh well!

On a different note, I have a starview 2 box running firmware version 4.51 - since moving to this firmware (from v3), I've noticed that the box reboots itself every other day. Is this normal behaviour?

2. leche50

leche50 Member

System Info
    The Box
    api ver:4.50e-E
    Boot Ver:7.0
    date 5.July.2007

3. leche50

leche50 Member

A friend of mine just a Starview Box and it won't pick up any channels. He can see the box menu on the Tv and when he goes to install (NTL) it shows TP 1-24 but fails on every one. The fact he is seeing the menu looks like the box is connected to TV ok, and he has the coax NTL cable in the cable input in the back of the box. This same cable in the TV will give basic NTL on TV. All appears to be set up properly yet it finds no channels. He has tried factory reset but no joy.
    Any help???

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Not really, although you could try a factory reset and reflash with a higher firmware revision, i.e. 4.54 and see if this cures it.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Firmware is fine, when he done a factory reset did he turn off the box for a minute and then go to installation.

6. leche50

leche50 Member

He turned it off for a few minutes and installation still fails all 24 TPs

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Persistance will pay of as it will eventually find all tps. He could try a reflash if it continues to fail, or I have found a manual scan at 290.000 will pick up all tps.

8. harry1938

harry1938 Guest

Can anyone give me a frequency for s*y premier I have tried 563000&562750 but both are giving me AudioDescription Iam t/west in london

9. 4513ian

4513ian Member

hi has anybody got the new codes for the starview box for ntl galway?

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

There is no code change that we know about at present the other codes can be found on the codes page on the link under my post

11. 4513ian

4513ian Member

ok thanks my flatmate turned on the tv and all he got was a blank screen

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Check all the cables as you would get a message on the screen rather than a blank screen

13. balcee

balcee Regular member

Evening all.

I woke up this morning to find a load of premium channels missing. No problem I thought...ran a scan all channels reappeared. Perfect! Or so I thought...

Just this evening, that S4y Sp0rts 1 is displayed with the S4y Bet screen (as if you were to press red button while watching S4y Sp0rts and selecting Bet).

I've tried everything I can think of but can't get the normal sports screen S4y Sp0rts 2,3 and xtra and perfectly fine. Does anybody have any ideas???

St4rview 2 v7
    Firmware 4.54
    Provider is t3l3west (v1rg1n)

Please help - I can't watch Bolton v Liverpool on Saturday like this...

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Balcee i have already answered your question on the other thread

please try and keep your post to 1 thread it is easier for ues to answer you

juat leave your box alone they seem to be like that at the moment in the Uk and it might sort itself out ok

15. balcee

balcee Regular member

Hi Fergus. Sorry about that, I read the post at the bottom and missed yours. I apologise for duplicating.

Thanks for the answer, hope it sorts itself out soon :)

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

It will i would say there is a glitch in the system that is all i hope

17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

OK PEEPS THERE HAS BEEN A FREQ CHANGE I HAVE JUST HEARD SO FACTORY RESET AND TURN BOX OFF AT BACK AND THEN ON AGAIN AND RESCAN AND DONT FORGET YOUR EMU TO BE SWITCHED BACK ON AGAIN

18. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ferg, you are shouting & i'm not deaf.

19. Mattladz

Mattladz Member

Hi,

I came across this site a few months ago and have been using it since to update my codes, so many thanks to all you guys who have continued to keep technophobes like me watching TV (",)

This is my first post so apologies if I'm in the wrong thread, but I've noticed channels being advertised such as UK History, UK Food, Crime & Investigation Network etc but I don't have any of these channels. I'm on N*L in Dublin and was wondering if anyone knows how I can pick up these new channels??

20. cableview

cableview Guest

vm are doing a massive change in channels nationwide as a result we will notice odd things happening to our boxes...nothing to worry about it will settle again in the next few weeks.