1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Expert-**no email posting or BANNED**

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by tommycomm, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthouk

Anthouk Member

Its been about a week since i looked at a starview, but if you go to the menu, it should have and entry that says system or something similar. on that tab it should give you the firmware that it is running?

2. vish250

vish250 Member

i cant seem to find it. This may be a problem! i had afew channels runin but i want to update it with software that other guys on here are using for theirs. This is where i dont know where to start

3. Anthouk

Anthouk Member

If you go to the menu what options does it show you? Sorry im at work and as I said havent played with a starview for about a week

4. vish250

vish250 Member

i hink i may have to come on forums later when the box is connected up. I am having a bit of dificulty finding time, got a busy dsay. Thank anwyys, i hopefully speak toy ou soon

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Starview 2 is called theBox and we dont know anything about the firmware they use but could be the same as the people that sell it do there own firmware so you would have to go to them betterbuy a eurovox as there is not as many problems with them at the moment

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Sorry to burst your bubble they do not have a faster processor it is the same as the old one in starview

7. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

ferg ive finished this help file i'll email it to you in a min. Dont know where i can post it though

8. bafled

bafled Member

I put the 300 software on my real Starview and it was freezeing so I changed back to 257 and it is still freezeing , any 1 got any ideas .

9. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

is it well ventilated?

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Mikey

Got that thanks maybe drew will put it up with the other stuff thanks

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

What was originally on your box before you went up to v3.00

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Mikey i have 2003 xp office on this could be a problem for users to open the file as you are using 2007 would that be right and have to download a converter

13. bafled

bafled Member

255 was on it before i put 300 on it , should I go back to 255 ?

14. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

i didnt realise it wouldnt work with previous versions. I cant convert it now cos ive marked it as read only!

15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ya no bother it is fantastic it must have taken ages to do it up very detailed so people want it they will just have to download the converter themselves that should be ok

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2007
  16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Yes if you can then up to 257 do you need the files if so pm me with your e/mail address and i will send it to you do not put your e/mail address on these pages of the forum

17. tell33

tell33 Member

The Box has the same processor as the Starview!

Do not take this as otherwise!

It is just a Starview with a new front on it, nothing more.

No doubt I will be banned from this forum for saying it too!

Forgot to say it also suffers from the freezing problems on v3.00ee

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  18. jobbers

jobbers Guest

can anyone shed light onto what happened before when i tried to flash 3.00 onto my box,i have flashed it many times before with no probs but this time the digital display on the box didnt count up to 100%,this only happened on the comp screen- the front of my box displayed 4 flashing lights strobing across as the firmware was downloading.once finished instead of cmd send it said flash burning,i didnt think this was right so tried again and this time it downloaded it properly counting on the box as well as the screen,the 3.00 went in successfully but it was like a master reset had occured and i had to rescan for channels.i just wondered if anyone had had this happen before and could shed light as to what happened.

19. tell33

tell33 Member

Is it now working ok?

If it is dont worry about it might have been some corruption of the data stream as it was being flashed.

20. handford

handford Guest

my lad has taken the box to work,hence-unable to try what you say,however i did all that previously and it worked for two days then down again,is it the softwear as what the forum has been saying ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.