1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Expert-**no email posting or BANNED**

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by tommycomm, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daz180367

daz180367 Member

mikey it says cannot open serial port?

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Mikey
    what is Daz trying to do

3. bafled

bafled Member

Anyone got any ideas for my Freezeing *view

4. dezzerbfc

dezzerbfc Member

"Can anyone give me some advice i have 257e software on my starview but have looked through the forum and everyone seems to be uploading v300ee is it worth me changing mine and if so does anyone have the file and the gtrom loader that is legitimate thanks"

DAZ I believe that i have a "clone" box 99% sure anyway. I had version 3.00ee on it for a few days with no problems other than the loss of signal or "freezing" that occured on it every 30 mins to 1 hour for 10 or so seconds at a time! It autorolled (updated keys) no problems but the scare mongering put me off keeping it on as some people believe that some versions also they profess to be "clone" friendly can in fact take up to 3 weeks to kill your box.

Since i really could not make my mind up one way or the other i have gone back to V2.57ee which is both safe and stable for "clones" until we have a safe stable version that is clone friendly that autorolls!
    Regards DEZ

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

If you have a genuine box the v3.00 does freeze on it so to sort this out return to 257 this will solve your freezing problem

6. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

he cant get gtrom working.

select different com ports. if that fails you will have to see which com port you are using in device manager

7. drewishuk

drewishuk Regular member

Hi Peeps!

Well im back on and i saw a few note on me putting something up, not sure what it was though :S ? a little help maybe with what it is?

Cheers!

8. daz180367

daz180367 Member

mikey i dont have a com port on my pc i bought a serial to usb convertor today
    maplins

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

10. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

daz go in to device manager, have a look in the properties for the usb adaptor, there will be a com port setting in there

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Drew mikey has a manual to put on the site could you put it up for him also have a look at it it is fab very detailed

12. shaun1970

shaun1970 Member

Daz the adaptor is the prob you may need a driver for it.r u doin it from a laptop?

13. daz180367

daz180367 Member

thanks dez mine is 100% genuine and i might just stick with the 257ee as i believe looking through some threads that vir**n will stop coding soon so everyone will be back to how it was

14. drewishuk

drewishuk Regular member

You know this auto kill of clone boxes on version 3.00eE im now thinking is totaly a fiction fear, i dont think theres a time bomb programed into the firmware to make them blow, you see, at some stage your box is going to be turned of and restarted so if there was a bomb on board, its going to take forever , if your feeling un easy about it, turn the bloody thing off at night and back on in the morning when you get up!

Lets have less whinging about 3 weeks 4 weeks 3 months etc, i meen comon, it is NOT made by mr Bill gates for crying out loud, get over it!

The freezing problem will be solved, its not too much of a big problem unless you have that problem of course then maybe it is, make sure you keep your box well ventalated with at least 1 and a half inch all the way around and that air can freely flow around your unit, dont place items onto your box like cd's and clocks and scraps of paper, there all going to block venting holes on your box!

If freezing does occur, try resetting your box and rescanning for channels as this sometimes may cure the problem, also check your cables are of good strong quality and not cheap brown coax wiring.

If this doesnt help, you can either go back to an older version of the firmware or put up with it, it will stop freezing by changing the channel to another and back again or powering off and back on.

There will be newer versions of software coming out the will resolve this problem, everyone knows about it already so just keep a lookout for when someone posts on here about it that is actually looking for the cure, otherwise we'll just have a forum full of complainers saying oh bugger me this box is crap it keeps freezing!

We are aware!

Cheers

15. drewishuk

drewishuk Regular member

yes sure email me it over and i'll do it now

16. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

i didnt include instructions on channel sorting. couldnt decide on which method would be best for everyone.

17. asad78611

asad78611 Member

This news seems quite startling. I'm going to put ,my box back on the old firmware

18. drewishuk

drewishuk Regular member

Now thats the kind of quote i can understand! ferg pm taalk plz

19. dezzerbfc

dezzerbfc Member

drewishuk! I aint whingeing m8 just playing the safe game until i know one way or another whether any particular software is gonna kill my box. Thought this was more being sensible than whingeing, also just trying to help a fellow forum user out by outlining my experiences to date!!

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

i have seen this myself but cannot make it out people have been using the v3.00 from here and the clones seem to be the only ones with no freezing but the real do so what do you do is it more to scare us again also there has been no reports of anyone's box dieing at the moment so where do we go from here maybe another W****** mystery ????? or what witch hunt

Also why are the site still allowing people to download the file if there is a problem with it

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.