1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Expert-**no email posting or BANNED**

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by tommycomm, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheelsy

wheelsy Member

thanks jobbers,tried the 300ee safe one too just dont seem to get rid of the 4 fashing lights strobing across the screen, tried re-doing it a few times now,then when i plug everything back up to the tv all black cant even do a factory restore or nout, ps after it comes up complete on the computer the strobong stops for a whole 10 seconds then starts again>>>am i aswell getting a eurovox and give up or keep trying so fix this as ive tried everything to no avail.things gonna get smashed up in the next few days im thinking lol. ps im not a newb at this ive flashed boxes b4 for friends and family, cant really go wrong, now im the only one with a box not working for being the guinee pig.

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Turk

PAGE 155 they are on

3. lorna9

lorna9 Member

I did change cable provider to n** from t* Provider ID is 54 01

I did hit ok after key code 00 and again after 01. The ok/store prompt flashes so I know have saved it.

The codes have reverted to the original ones when I go back in,tried it a few times.

Thanks for the prompt replies and for the words to Fraggle rock!

4. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

are you pressing set default key once you've entered?? if you are this is what your doing wrong. pressing that makes your box revert to original codes, its kinda misleading.

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

You need to put your box into standby like the clock on the front 12:00 then start update you must wait till it is compleatly finished meaning when it gets to 100% it is not finished wait for another 30 to 40 seconds till it says on computer finished downloading then you should see the message on on your box update has been successful then turn off box completely at the back and reboot this should fix your problem

6. alba1314

alba1314 Member

Hi Folks! I have had v3.00ee on my Star View box and been able to watch V*RG*N for the past 7 days and had no problems at all with freezing. I've just checked with my daughter, whose box went down at the same time as my own.
    I installed v3.00ee on her machine and she told me that only ONE channel froze last night, but corrected itself very quickly afterwards.
    So far, v3.00ee looks to be working fine for the both of us - will keep you posted on any changes - God forbid?!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  7. jobbers

jobbers Guest

lorna,this sounds very similar to the problems i had when i first put my keys in,i chose the correct cable provider and put the correct codes in,checked and double checked but everytime i saved them and exited out i went back in to nagravision and they had reverted back to the original settings.- my problem was that i had assumed my key emu was still turned on as it had always been b4, but it had turned itself off when i had manually inputted keys,so i inputted the correct keys and cable provider,then saved it all,checked my key emu (which had gone off !!!) turned it back on and bingo!! all channels back and descrambled.

8. wheelsy

wheelsy Member

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Alba

Thanks for that keep us updated with any info you have thanks

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Your post has been answered look above this one

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2007
  11. wheelsy

wheelsy Member

fergus as soon as i turn the power on all i get is the strobe thing,no way of going to standbye, as ive said ive done this a few times when we just got our boxes 9 mths ago i know about the all completed before disconnecting thing, i done everything correct, as ive done b4 just that it was after it came up completed it started the strobe thing in the 1st place,as if its jammed in this state,

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Wheelsey

The only person who knows what to do here is Drew so unless he is on at the moment you will have to wait unless someone else can help you try pm him and you should get a response ok

13. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

my brother had this problem a few months ago, its basically a case of trial and error. firstly, try connecting the box to pc, switch box off, click download in gtrom then swich box on, try clicking download and switch box on at same time. things like that. each time it fails switch the box off for at least 10 secs to reset it properly

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Mikey

Did Drew put the tutorial up for you on the site

15. Turk73

Turk73 Member

Just a word of warning to people who have downgraded their service with ntl, they call around and collect their box so be sure to hide your starview..... happened to a mate of mine, he sh*t himself!!!

16. gam3r

gam3r Member

Some good news guys. A new firmware is due out within 24 hours and it fixes the "bad or scrambled channel" problem...i read this on another forum by a mod so fingers crossed they have also fixed a few other issues like the widescreen/letterbox problems and the epg.

17. drewishuk

drewishuk Regular member

This could be a problem with comunication between your computer and the box itself, im not exactley sure hows its happened or why, but taking into consideration that this hasnt shown up before, i think your one of very little people who its happened to.

Tomorrow i wil lbe assempling the jtag device and reprograming boxes where possible. If anyone has whats claimed to be a dead box that isnt working, i will gladly freely take a look at it for you. I wont cover any postage charges so if you want me to take a look and make attempts to reprogram your box, i will, but only in my spare time so dont expect a fast turnaround, give me a couple of days.

Anyway if your interested in your box thats deamed dead now taking part in an experimental reprograming that could possibly bring life back to it, pm me please.

Thanks

18. Turk73

Turk73 Member

sweet music to my ears...

19. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

you will have to flash the receiver with one of the older firmware , try the 255ee or 257ee file, to get it going again

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  20. wheelsy

wheelsy Member

thanks fergus and mickey for the help guys problem not solved yet but i'll need to get ready for my nightshift,fergus if you see drew can you ask him for me plz, and mickey ill give that turn off thing a bash tommorow and let you guys know how i get on. then i can do everyone elses hopefully all the best del

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.