1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Expert-**no email posting or BANNED**

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by tommycomm, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dazz007

dazz007 Member

ive got same problem my pin stopped working then i tried 9999 and it worked i then reset to default and scanned channels but now i cant enter the special menu to turn on the emu.i tried bbc1-menu-parental-info and 1507/2004 but not working please help as i have nothing to watch.

2. dazz007

dazz007 Member

I also noticed my pin is working again 0000 how did it stop working and just decided to restart again?

3. tommycomm

tommycomm Member

The pin default is 1668, i guess someone has guessed this in your household and now the pin is set back to 0000

As for HD channels far as im aware starview cannot view them correctly, The present starview (GCR 3510) doesnt support HD the best you can do is connect to TV using the top scart and select RGB in menu settings making sure the TV input is one that supports RGB and its selected in the TV settings.

4. 220GTi

220GTi Member

hello ive got a starview box im wanting to watch the celtic V ac milan game tonight its on sky sports 2 but u need to push the red button a select it and as use know on the starview u cant use the interactive service so is there any way i can watch the game eg another channel or that ?

5. kal44

kal44 Member

220GTi - If it is on Sky Sports 2, then it will be viewed on that, no need to push the red button. I'm sure red button is for PremPlus, but matches automatically come on that.

6. Simmi

Simmi Member

is there a work around the movies nine red button?

7. kal44

kal44 Member

What do you mean? You mean Sky Movies 9, you can't view it, is it asking you to press red? That is what happens to me, but i have deleted that channel, the viewable sky movies 9 is called someting like SM9TV, do a scan it should come up, then just change the name to sky movies 9.

8. Gary101

Gary101 Member

Wont the celtic game be on setanta or celtic tv ?

9. robbo01

robbo01 Member

220i, when pushing the red button it allows you to chose which game you want to watch on cable or sky. On starview, each channel that is on digital will be there, you just have to go through the channels one by one. hope that helps.

10. 220GTi

220GTi Member

no cant find it any where. DAMMM lol. wish the red button worked :S any 1 any ideas ?

11. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

get down the boozer you will enjoy it more.

12. 220GTi

220GTi Member

thought about tht. but im saving right now ;)

13. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

NO you will not be able to watch it on the starview box,
    what game is been shown will only come on , you will need the orignal cable box or the sky box to watch the different games

RED BUTTON DOES NOT WORK ON THE STARVIEW

14. tommycomm

tommycomm Member

Tafsir is right interactive features will not work on starview boxes as they dont talkback so the whole red button concept is a waste of time, sky movies 9 is available without PIN look for SM_TV9 or something similar

15. gemma86

gemma86 Guest

Hi Tommycomm,

Thank you for helping us poor souls can you please answer this question
    What is the best way to download file for the starview and how do you save it to your hard drive.

Sorry Tommycomm,

For not getting in touch with you but Virgin Media are having major problems with secure Web sites I cannot get on them including this one and I cannot read my emails some times it works then nothing.
    I have left my email address to get in touch

From

gemma86

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2007
  16. tommycomm

tommycomm Member

Gemma check your messages, if anybody wants files, guides software etc mail me your email add's and il get it sent to you. Tommy

17. Gary101

Gary101 Member

If that is the case am I correct in thinking I do not need to run a standard cable box at the same time as my starview via a splitter so as to fool the cable company?

18. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

to be on the safeside you may be better to run the orginal box at the same time via the splitter, just in case there start checking,

just drop down to the baisc tv package with the cable supplier

19. kal44

kal44 Member

If you think about it, they won't really do anything if you just use your starview box alone, i mean even when i didn't have starview i kept my original cable box unplugged as it only has basic channels which were no good to me, it isn't against the terms and conditions to keep your box unplugged.

Also, they won't check up on a specific person, what they can do is check how many people have connected box's and (probably even see what you are viewing and when you are viewing it) and check how many people have unconnected box's and there can be several reasons a box may be unconnected.

I keep mine unconnected simply because i do not watch it, i got the minimum priced bundle which consists of tv, telephone and internet of which i use are telephone and internet. They can't force you to watch tv lol. It'll save you electric too.

20. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

what i have done is put the starview in one room, & put the orginal box in another room, so we can watch different channels where we want to watch them, without argueing who is going to watch what, (wife watches the soaps & i watch the foot in another room) keeps everyone happy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.