1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Files

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Fekker, Jan 25, 2007.

1. gypsum

gypsum Member

I bought 2 StarView boxes, early january from a guy who told me the boxes don't need updating and auto updates itself....doh!...anyway when the boxes went down on Friday, I've tried everything the forum has thrown up, still get upate has failed prompt, tried contacting the guy through email & mobile as "I'm always available for customer after sale service"1-no answer...no mobile.The box is now in pieces on the back lawn, the other could be next when iI'll have another attempt this weekend.

2. LEEKOP

LEEKOP Regular member

were you based mate , surely theres some one in your area ? id be willing to have a go at em if you wanted to post em out . or failing that surely some one on here lives close , alot of money to waste

3. desulph

desulph Regular member

Seems a liitle strange that both boxes wont update. Are you definatley using the latest bin file?

4. dyer9430

dyer9430 Guest

5. Shahab192

Shahab192 Member

thanks everyone overhere for the help. i got mine working on sunday. sorry for the late reply.

thanks!! see you guys around!!!

6. bemused

bemused Member

Thanks from me also, after mucking around with key codes for the last few days waiting for my box supplier to send me my cable and disk he promised, decided to go and buy the cable myself tonight and have a go, with all your help on this site was really easy and everything back up and running, great work everyone, happy viewing (until they hit it again lol)

7. cojo1958

cojo1958 Guest

updated mine so many times with the new bin file 257eE and it still wont update, been trying for days, its not that i dont know how to do it as done it plenty of times before. anymore ideas anyone. tia.

8. desulph

desulph Regular member

Maybe try a factory reset then reflash?? Just a thought...

9. cojo1958

cojo1958 Guest

At long last i have done it, thought i would try something else after lots of reading on here, heres how, turned the box on and off from back but still no channels, all still scrambled so went back into setup updated again, no channels on ntl at all so changed to cable and wireless provider, updated again and then went to menu and did usual input. then to nagravision and press ok, provider was on ntl so changed it to cable and wireles pressed ok and exit all the way back to tv and yipee after days its finally updated. HOPE THIS HELPS ITS CHANGING THE NAGRVISION THAT HELPED ME.

10. james118

james118 Member

really hoping someone can help.
    I have tried to flash my starview box but to no avail- I just get the message 'flash update fail'

Help??

11. sadfart

sadfart Member

My ntl stb has got an rf splitter connected to the back of it which enables me to send a tv signal throughout the house. it appears the starview does not have this facility so i propose to split the main ntl feed with 1 lead to NTL stb as is and another lead from the 2way splitter to a tv dedicated to the starview stb, does this make sense to you?
    Your humble servant

12. desulph

desulph Regular member

Yes sadfart, you can split the main feed using a splitter and take this feed to 2 different boxes. Infact, you can take it to more if you want. I hope thats what you were asking!

13. bill17

bill17 Member

i have downloaded software for update to laptop and have followed instuctions it seems that i just need the proper cable can anyone tell me if i can use a 9 pin male to female or a usb to 9 pin at the moment i know there is a 25 female port on laptop and 9 port male any help very welcome as i have 4 of these to do and i am only one with pc

14. bill17

bill17 Member

15. ahart

ahart Guest

16. hallcross

hallcross Guest

Hi Folks
    My first post, so be gentle with me, if this has been discussed before. Received my new Starview box today complete with cable and software, unlike some companies. All works fine, just need to rearrange channels.
    Question is, what is the advantage of using a splitter and connecting to my StarView and NTL box, can I take out my NTL box altogether?
    Sorry if this has been asked before. I am an NTL subscriber
    Thanks
    Steve

17. crashd

crashd Regular member

could someone who has a copy of the files they recieved with their Starview box please PM so I can e-mail them and get a copy. I want to do a fresh install from factory settings but was not provided with any files by supplier.

18. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

The N*L box talks back to the CC and they can tell which channels you watch, if you disconnect it then N*L will know it is no longer being used & could become suspicious, that's why most people use a splitter.

19. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

http://rapidshare.com/files/13529350/Starview_Update.rar

20. hallcross

hallcross Guest

What if the talk back has been disabled?
    Thanks